ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-14, 10:34 PM
Jr Member

heavyiron15 is on a distinguished road
Bipolar symptoms?

A lot of my life I'm very cluttered and stressed, can't concentrate, anxiety attacks, I can never fully relax and appreciate life, but sometimes, and it seems to be triggered by relaxing events, but also happen randomly, I click into the zone, I get hyper productive, I'll totally clean my room and then spend an hour moving my lamp back and forth, knock out homework, then take a relaxing shower, and sit in bed thinking about how great life is, can last hours, days, I think it lasted a week once, but then it creeps back up on me. Usually flaring up bad, I decided to finally talk to my DR about it due to this more than the typical stuff of forgetting my keys 6 times in a row, catching myself pondering the difficulty of paying attention in class after I attempted to force myself to pay attention etc.

Does anyone else find their ADD, ADHD tends to cycle, or flair up and down with other mood effects?
The Following User Says Thank You to heavyiron15 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (05-01-14)
Old 05-01-14, 10:36 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,971 Times in 9,012 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bipolar symptoms?

So... you don't mean symptoms of bipolar disorder at all, right? You mean that with ADHD you're sometimes back and forth between periods of intense activity and equally-intense inactivity - is that correct?
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
Old 05-01-14, 11:33 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bipolar symptoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
So... you don't mean symptoms of bipolar disorder at all, right? You mean that with ADHD you're sometimes back and forth between periods of intense activity and equally-intense inactivity - is that correct?
Actually, it sounds like the OP could potentially be going through periods of hypomania.

OP - do you have a decreased need for sleep when this happens?
The Following User Says Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (05-02-14)
Sponsored Links