ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-15, 05:58 AM
Suspended Account

icarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of light
building DIY electronics & coding simple games?

Anyone ever thought about learning to build DIY electronics and also to code a simple game for what is essentially acting like an early console gaming system?

I just had a revelation that I would adore this as a project, although I want to learn how to build from raw components more, where you have to solder. When I studied C++, I easily learned it and was amazed how much I enjoyed it.

But there are some systems like the adruino something and the raspberry something, which act like simple computers and do not require any soldering. I guess this would be better for someone who loathes the idea of soldering, or wants to share the hobby with a bright child.

One kit that looked cool:

http://us.kano.me/

Here are many recommendations for interesting looking kits to learn electronics:
http://lifehacker.com/the-best-elect...its-1515941488
Old 05-16-15, 06:06 AM
Suspended Account

icarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of lighticarusinflames is a glorious beacon of light
Re: building DIY electronics & coding simple games?

by the way, I always thought it was cool how Sayid on the t.v. show Lost could fix and mess with electronics. It seems like a handy thing to be able to do, but maybe only if you are lost on an island that seems to have an endless supply of batteries and radio transmissions! lol