ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-18, 04:30 AM

Maverdog is on a distinguished road
Lexapro Sexual Side Effects and alt drug choices?

Hi
Iím wondering how long the sexual side effects can last after stopping Lexapro? Iíve read some people do the drug holidays, but how long do you have to stop taking the med for before the side effects would go away enough?

I plan on going to my Doctor to switch this to something else, but theyíre away and I canít get in for about a month. The scary thing Iíve read is that now some people report the side effects last even after youíve stopped taking the med.

Anyone have any luck with a med thatís good for anxiety that works well with Adderall? Iíve tried Zoloft, Celexa, Trintellix, prozac, Paxil, and Iím sure another one or two.
Old 08-29-18, 04:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road
Re: Lexapro Sexual Side Effects and alt drug choices?

I was on and off on lexapro several years. The sexual side effects may gone in 2-3 days after stop it. I have tried Trintellix and it has a better sexual profile, but Trintellix was worst for my depression. I'm now on effexor XR and vyvanse and my depression is ok, but its sexual side effects are worst than lexapro.
Old 08-29-18, 05:12 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,094 Times in 15,350 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Please wait until your doctor gets back. Stopping an antidepressant can be very tricky and in some cases dangerous. You will want the support of your doctor when doing it.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-18, 05:26 AM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Please wait until your doctor gets back. Stopping an antidepressant can be very tricky and in some cases dangerous. You will want the support of your doctor when doing it.
Good answer!
Old 08-29-18, 10:28 AM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

I’d suggest talking to your doctor about your concerns/issues with the lexapro and they will hopefully prescribe you something different that’s less likely to have that side effect

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
Old 08-29-18, 05:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

BrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the roughBrandyDW is a jewel in the rough

I actually just read this, the supplement Gingko biloba can help with this issue and u can stay on your med...

On Adderall for ADHD, lyrica for Fibromyalgia, lexapro and viibryd for depression and anxiety, cosentyx for psoriasis, cyclosporine for IC,
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandyDW For This Useful Post:
benito (08-29-18)