ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Women with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Women with ADD/ADHD This forum is for women to discuss issues related to being a woman with AD/HD.

Old 11-04-08, 11:30 PM

Alexzander'smom is on a distinguished road
Has anyone else experienced this????????

I was diagnosed with ADHD when I was 9. Was on meds until I was 16. Since then I feel like I can control the symptoms ok until recently. Lately I have been alot more fidgety, forgetting things, can't sit still, my impulse control is not there, I can't concentrate on anything, ect. Is it possible to regress like that? After being ok for years, I find myself having the same old symptoms but sometimes worse then when I was a kid. Has anyone else experienced this?
Kaitlyn (niece I am trying to adopt)- Dec 05- FASD
Aiden (nephew I will be adopting)- Jan 09
Old 11-05-08, 12:39 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,434 Times in 6,132 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone else experienced this????????

Symptoms can be more noticeable due to life style changes - like college, promotions adding responsibility, having children, ect. . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
pADDyjay (11-05-08)
Old 11-05-08, 09:37 AM
Contributor

penguin has a spectacular aura aboutpenguin has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
It is absolutely possible.
I was on ritalin until age 17. Then on nothing except coca-cola and coffee until last year. A spread of 30 years. Then toss in the stress of my wife's death and loss as an ADD coach. I decided to resume meds (30mg Vyvanse and 75 mg Wellbutrin) for the foreseeable future.
Things are much better now.
Good luck...Ken
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-08, 12:42 PM

Alexzander'smom is on a distinguished road

Thank you's. I just was wondering if any one else had this happen. I have had recent lifestyle changes. I might have to make an appointment and see if I can get back on meds.
Kaitlyn (niece I am trying to adopt)- Dec 05- FASD
Aiden (nephew I will be adopting)- Jan 09