ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Sedatives
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-14, 05:28 PM

Dunner is on a distinguished road
Re: Mirtazapine (Remeron/Miron etc. etc.) for sleep

Just found out I have another appointment with my primary, Thursday for sleep problems. News to me. Hope we can get something worked out.
Old 02-25-14, 05:45 PM

Just called my primary for his instructions. Not available. Also just found out I have a sleep med appointment for Thursday. News to me. And then a follow up 3/19. This Dr just moved his office over 20 miles from me. Gonna have to keep track for tax purposes.
Old 03-01-14, 06:23 AM

Thanked 2,881 Times in 1,485 Posts
Raye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond reputeRaye has a reputation beyond repute

remeron put me to sleep fast..but i was
so drowsy when i woke up i felt drunk.

"Oh Happy Day"
-Tmoney-
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-14, 04:23 PM

I have been taking 2 Zolpidem ER 12.5mg every night for about 18 months. My PC wants to detox me for about 3-4 months, as my tolerance got so high, I needed 3 to get good sleep. I love Zolpidem as it puts me to sleep quickly and I sleep 8-9 hours and wake up refreshed.

He wrote me for 1-2 Trazadone nightly. The last two nights I took 2 and waited to get drowsy. Nothing happened. Took another one and still tossed and turned when I laid down. Finally got some sleep, but when I got up, I felt groggy all morning. What am I doing wrong?
Old 02-11-20, 05:45 AM

Hennessy is on a distinguished road

Is Mirzapine something you can use once a week or something for sleep? I would rather not get back on an anti depressant or gain weight..
Old 02-11-20, 07:49 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Is Mirzapine something you can use once a week or something for sleep? I would rather not get back on an anti depressant or gain weight..
antihistamine receptor potency of mirtazapine makes it a choice probably, it isn't first choice anti-depressant as i know
when i had problem with sleeping a doc offered me

in general, they try out anti-psychotics, some antidepressants (trazadone,mirtazapine etc)
all have one common thing, anti-histamine feature, docs don't want to prescribe Z-drugs because not sustainable in long term

if you use it only for sleeping i guess you won't see it's anti-depressant effects (if you don't use it Daily)
Old 02-11-20, 08:12 PM

Hennessy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
antihistamine receptor potency of mirtazapine makes it a choice probably, it isn't first choice anti-depressant as i know
when i had problem with sleeping a doc offered me

in general, they try out anti-psychotics, some antidepressants (trazadone,mirtazapine etc)
all have one common thing, anti-histamine feature, docs don't want to prescribe Z-drugs because not sustainable in long term

if you use it only for sleeping i guess you won't see it's anti-depressant effects (if you don't use it Daily)
Thanks for your insight. Yeah i just got off Lyrica, Endep, Baclofen etcetc a few months ago and haven't slept since. I am on Clonidine at night but I metabolise everything so quickly I get 90 minutes out of it (including Zopiclone).

That said I only need 2 nights of great sleep I am sure, and at least Mirzapine may give me peace of mind if it works, but not keen on backtracking after the mishaps/interactions and withdrawal from teh last lot.

Even Restavit doesn't work for me.

I read that the over the counter sleep aids with antihistamines are now linked to dementia! Hmmm. Isn't there any sleep aid that is risk free! haha
The Following User Says Thank You to Hennessy For This Useful Post:
Emre22 (02-11-20)
Old 02-11-20, 08:28 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennessy View Post
Thanks for your insight. Yeah i just got off Lyrica, Endep, Baclofen etcetc a few months ago and haven't slept since. I am on Clonidine at night but I metabolise everything so quickly I get 90 minutes out of it (including Zopiclone).

That said I only need 2 nights of great sleep I am sure, and at least Mirzapine may give me peace of mind if it works, but not keen on backtracking after the mishaps/interactions and withdrawal from teh last lot.

Even Restavit doesn't work for me.

I read that the over the counter sleep aids with antihistamines are now linked to dementia! Hmmm. Isn't there any sleep aid that is risk free! haha
if you are fast metaboliser you should look for a substance which has longer half-life
can be anti-psychotic or anti-depressant
or even anti-histamine ( first generation)

also there is new type of sleeping medicine, belsomra , orexin receptor antagonist(half life 12hours)
The Following User Says Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Hennessy (03-31-20)