ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-27-10, 02:31 PM
Jr Member

ridkidLA is on a distinguished road
Same Tired Thread BUT Teva vs. Barr on the XR - Confused...

For some reason I thought that there was only one manufacturer of the XR generic formula. I know there are lengthy discussions on the IR formulas, which when I've taken, notice drastic differences between the various generic brands. Here's the question - I've been taking the Barr generic XR for over a year going from 20-25 mgs, but the results have stayed consistent and I know exactly what expect day to day. Barr can be a dirty work around here, but I love the XR which has worked wonders for me. I always make sure to go to the same Walgreens pharmacy just to make sure I am getting the same thing. I moved a couple of miles from my old place and there is now a Rite Aid within walking distance so I got my XR from there this time. I noticed this brand is manufactured by Teva. I thought only Barr was doing generic XR or are they the same company? Either way, this batch has me all over the place. With my usual Barr dose from Walgreens, it kicks it at exactly the same time like clock work. This new one is like a roller coaster of hyper focuse, no focus, rebounds a plenty, etc. I'm going through a somewhat emotional period and am dealing with a little situational depression (I don't get depression unless there is a cause which is rare). Anyways, is generic XR being done my multiple companies now? I trying to figure out how much is my emotional state and how much is the med. Since I've gotten this batch filled I've been feeling off. Any feedback would be appreciated!!!!
Old 06-27-10, 04:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

tomlinson has a spectacular aura abouttomlinson has a spectacular aura about
Re: Same Tired Thread BUT Teva vs. Barr on the XR - Confused...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridkidLA View Post
are they the same company?
Yes - Barr is a subsidiary of Teva; Teva bought Barr about a year ago.

I don't take Adderall XR, but nonetheless I'm interested in the change you mentioned from Barr to Teva.

Are the capsules themselves imprinted with "Teva?
Or are you referring to the label on the bottle?