ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-28-10, 11:28 PM

Shiro has disabled reputation
Question Teva?

So I've been taking 20mg of Adderall for about 6 months, I started on Teva and the pharmacist switched my brand to World Pharmacy when I refilled, and that had a bad effect so I asked for Teva again and they gave me Global Pharmacy(GP). They said it was the same as Teva, same... Everything and that Teva got bought out, so there will be no Teva anymore. She said that GP was manufacturing it for Teva now, and that there's no difference in the medication, it's the same thing with a different name. Seeing as she was a pharmacist and should know those things, I trusted her and took GP. It isn't, wasn't and cant be the same as Teva, it affected me a lot differently. On Teva I was very focused, like working for 6 hours straight, not stopping for anything. I had 20mg of Teva the first month, 20mg of world pharm. with 10mg of barr IR the second. 20mg of GP the third month, so that wasn't different, but on GP I couldn't focus as well. I'm in school still, and it's obvious of the affect because my grades went from Bs and Cs to Ds and Fs in a matter of weeks because I just couldn't focus, but I'm scared to take other brands because I don't like risking any..."weird" effects. So I kept it to GP for the small amount of focus I got. The Barr IR made me shaky, so I tossed it and had my doctor just keep me on GP 20mg adderall.. Three months later and here I am, still failing, struggling with focus and up until yesterday, I was still taking 20mg of GP.
I changed my pharmacy due to the fact that the pharmacists were ignorant. They tried telling me that I didn't have ADD because a different brand of pill didn't effect me the same. I went to my psych. yesterday and got a new prescription for 20mg Adderall and 10mg adderall and Gabapentin to help me relax more when I'm ready for bed, because I tend to stay up till the morning hours trying to work and focus when my adderall wears off.. I'm supposed to take one 20mg adderall and one 10mg adderall in the morning, and two gabapentin when I go to bed for a week and then take two 20mg adderall in the morning and two gabapentin at bed time. The 30mg is to allow me time to get used to a higher dose instead of just putting me at double my amount. The first thing is, is the pharmacy allowed to give me a lower amount than what was prescribed because it's a controlled substance? My psych gave me 7 10mg adderall, 90 20mg adderall and 60 gabapentin to hold me off for a month. My pharmacy gave me 60 gabapentin, 7 10mg adderall and only 53 20mg adderall. they said they couldn't give me a higher amount. I'm thinking that since I'm not an adult yet they don't trust me with it because it seems like teens nowadays are really irresponsible, but I grew up with my great grand parents so I'm not like a teenager nowadays, I'm pretty old fashioned. Hah.

But, it makes me frustrated that I'll have no adderall to keep me over until I see my psych again in about 5-6 weeks. Secondly, my 10mg adderall is Teva brand, so my old pharmacist lied to me I think. My 20mg is Barr. When I took my meds today I got that same calm and really focused feeling as I did when I had 20mg of Teva brand adderall (but a lesser amount) and a slight shaky feeling, that I'm assuming is the Barr. Does Teva still make 20mg adderall? Or is it just other amounts? If I could get teva brand for my 20mg adderall I wouldn't have the shakes after I go onto my 40mg a day plan. Also, did GP buy out Teva? That's what I was told, but I'm not sure now if I got Teva adderall, that's working differently than GP did.

Any help will be appreciated greatly and I hope my post isn't too long, but I'm too curious about it for my own good.
Thanks,
Shiro
Old 04-29-10, 12:21 PM
Contributor

CalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura aboutCalmTheChaos has a spectacular aura about
Re: Teva?

I've never even heard of GP, let alone that they are making Adderall. So, I can't speak to the effects of that.

But, Teva and Barr Adderall come off the exact same production line, last I heard.
Old 04-29-10, 12:43 PM
Contributor

krb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the rough

I have tried and tried again and I can not find anything about Global Pharmacy.....I am pretty sure the only people to make Adderall IR is Teva/BARR-Brand and Generic adderall IR are made by same company....Then there is Cor and Sandoz that make generic adderall IR.

Links that would be a great reference for you are

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81319

^--Shows different generics and different inactive ingredients.

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81322

^--Shows other peoples experience with different generics.

If I am wrong and there is this new Global Pharmacy im sorry......Im pretty sure though..
The Following User Says Thank You to krb388 For This Useful Post:
veraud (10-09-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-10, 10:14 PM

Sorry, It's Global Pharmaceuticals. On my bottle it just says "Global Pharm" so I assumed it was pharmacy. I should have checked before I made the topic.
Shiro
Old 04-29-10, 10:37 PM
Contributor

krb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the roughkrb388 is a jewel in the rough

Global Pharm only makes generic extended release not generic immediate release adderall...Thats why I was confused I thought you were taking adderall immediate release......I think thats what it says in the first post.
Old 04-29-10, 10:52 PM

No, I;m taking XR. I added that I took Barr IR for a little while. I couldn't keep taking it, though. It gave me bad shakes.

Shiro
Old 05-01-10, 03:18 PM

So, today I noticed a pattern of things that I haven't experienced really on adderall before. I've always had sort of a depression mixed with slight anger when I'm coming off my adderall, and sometimes I'd get it 4-5 hours after taking it... but not bad, it only lasted a little while. This new dosage has me getting mood swings constantly. I almost cant identify it when it's happening even though its the same every day. I get really depressed and angry feeling. This is to the point where I actually think I need to avoid anything with emotions. I snapped at my boyfriend yesterday when he wanted to see what I was working on, and I snapped a little at my friend today when she told me she didn't want me taking Adderall. Each 4 days it's lasted for about an hour and a half. I get the same thing, but worse when I'm coming off of it. 2 days ago when I started coming off of it I actually started getting a headache and the pain increased till I felt like my brain was going to ooze out of my ears. I took my mood stabilizers about 2 hours early because I've never felt so... Weird. Along with the headache I had mini mood swings of being okay, and being depressed to the point I kept breaking down and crying. I wasn't crying from the pain, I just kept feeling so depressed randomly. It seemed almost like either my adderall was "fighting" the gabapentin, or my own body was. It took about an hour before I got a tiny bit of relief from all that.
On last (I hope) thing I notice, for all of my medications, is it gives me bad abdomen cramps. Every single time I've taken it, when it starts feeling like its affecting me, I start getting cramps, almost as if my IBS was acting up, but it wasn't. It's the same with my Gabapentin, but before it starts affecting me I get very nauseated then when it starts effecting me the cramps start.

Has anyone gotten something like this when they raised their dose or changed brands?
I always seem to get weird effects on different brands. It's pretty hard to believe barr and teva are similar since they effect me so differently.
I keep thinking the Barr adderall xr has something to do with it, since teva never affected me like that.

Anyways... I think I'll stop typing now... Cookies to those who manage to make it through the whole post

Shiro