ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Sensory
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-16, 08:45 PM

anonymous1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Synesthesia, anyone?

i think i have a very mild version of this. i feel like numbers and words almost have personalities or feelings. not full personalties but i feel like one number may be happy another number sad or angry. i also feel this with places and objects..i must be very weired as i cant find anyone like this. does anyone have that thing where cars or buses look angry or happy lol...prob just me again
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymous1234 For This Useful Post:
stef (09-06-16)
Old 09-06-16, 07:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,484 Times in 13,304 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I dont actually have this, but it makes sense to me.

places and objects must absolutely "feel right" (like I must use certain pens; and I wont go into a café if I don't like how it's decorated or if everyone seems sulky).
Old 09-16-16, 10:04 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all

I have some synestesia and I love the emotional and psychedelic vision it gives to me.

CBD-votary
The Following User Says Thank You to C15H25N3O For This Useful Post:
stef (09-17-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-16, 02:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

phazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the rough

I've actually experienced this for a long time. And I too didn't think much of it until I came to understand that no one else (around me at least) experienced this phenomenon like I do.

I have, since discovering this, seen how much of an advantage it gives me when it comes to analyzing and breaking down theories, concepts, notions, and even philosophies. It's been mostly intriguing when it comes to the arts.

I visualize the words (regarding cardinal directions, motions, movements etc.) and become so passionate about it. There have been times when I have gotten frustrated trying to explain synesthesia using synesthesia per se to break the concept down.

From what I understand, that second sensory pathway (and the inherent ability to tap into it almost involuntarily from stimulation of the primary sensory pathway) is conceived at a very young age from exposure to those connections. Since humans, at a young age, cannot form concrete thoughts, the thoughts are indefinitely abstract and those abstract thoughts seem to solidify the connection over time. It becomes harder to explain, but the ability is genetic and, like a lot of inherent traits, it's triggered during developmental stages.

I've, since I was very little, associated letters and numbers with colors. The associations have become much more complex now and it's impossible for me to not see the color of a word, phrase, or number (and its combinations).

When my language became more advanced, I started noticing how I was specially seeing time. Almost like the essence of time comes in increments shaped like colored blocks. If I think of ten years ago, it feels far away and its "slot" is, from a two point perspective, smaller than two years ago. Almost like I see time as filed documents in the shape of time frames. Even now it's hard to explain.

Given it's a neurological phenomenon, the research done regarding its conception are still unknown. Usually case studies identify the signs of "synesthetic" symptoms.

But, you know, it's comforting to see that others have wondered the same thing. If anything, synesthesia has been making life more pleasurable to me and made art a coping mechanism because it provides a sense of relief that I find pleasing.
The Following User Says Thank You to phazonConduit For This Useful Post:
stef (12-04-16)
Old 12-04-16, 03:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,484 Times in 13,304 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! for me it gives writing a special dimension as the words have taste and wieght and "texture" ( like if you draw with different pencils and types of paper)
I dont have the color thing but that would be amazing.
i see the year as an oval of monthly calendars
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
phazonConduit (12-04-16)
Old 12-04-16, 09:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

phazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the roughphazonConduit is a jewel in the rough

I've never experienced the texture aspect of it, but I do realize I have an easier time studying I give the words shapes I'm familiar with rather than typing them out.
The Following User Says Thank You to phazonConduit For This Useful Post:
stef (12-05-16)
Old 01-21-19, 10:03 PM
ADDvanced Member

Drogheda98 has a spectacular aura aboutDrogheda98 has a spectacular aura about

all related to music.

hard to explain. I really get into the beat and experience each level of the harmony of the music and dance with the music while I'm playing the guitar. I tend to activate all of my kenesthetic motion and get lost in melody, synthesizing one rythem with another.

music is very emotional to me as well, usually I can attach a piece of music to a visualized element that conveys the emotion.
Old 04-09-19, 08:07 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Vowels Have Colour? Who Knew?

I definitely taste words...that's why I love the taste of foreign languages!

But then I found this article that says "nearly everyone" has colours for vowels?
https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0404114434.htm

I had no idea! The things I learn from you guys!
Old 04-09-19, 09:05 PM

The Fool is on a distinguished road

Oddly enough I can experience it when I imagine I have it. I am a musician and visual artist and the 2 often blend into one another. If I close my eyes while I play I can see a curling wave composed of several different colors that correspond to tones I'm playing. Sometimes a birds eye view or worms eye view. Animals and other characters sometimes emerge from out of the colors as colors as well. It is like looking down into a story world. It makes me wish I could do it all of the time.