ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 01-20-16, 01:53 PM

jamesb79 is on a distinguished road
Pharmacists Who Won't Fill

I've been on Adderall for 17 years now, but just recently had a pharmacist outright refuse to fill my prescription for me for the first time ever. This was at a CVS pharmacy that I had been filling at for the last 18 months. I walk up to the counter and tell the pharmacist I need this filled. The first thing she does after looking at my prescription is to take her mobile phone out like she is texting somebody. After a couple minutes of this she then tells me "I can't fill this." The reason she gives is that my doctor's office is 5 hours away and she "isn't able" to fill Schedule II substances from "out of town doctors." I then reminded her that I had filled this same prescription from the same doctor, at this exact location every month for the past 18 months (She could have seen this for herself if she had cared enough to look up my records). Her response was that "every pharmacist is different" but that she personally cannot fill a C-2 from an out of town doctor. I then walked across the street to Walgreens and had it filled within 5 minutes with no hassle.

I live in Texas and have been seeing the same doctor for 17 years even though school and career have taken me to different parts of the state. I go back every 3 months for checkups even though it's a 5 hour drive. I trust this doctor and intend to be his patient until he retires.

Has anybody else been similarly harassed by a pharmacist when trying to fill your Rx? It seems like the pharmacist could have just called the doctor to verify that the Rx was legit instead of just refusing to serve me. Needless to say I will never fill at this CVS again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jamesb79 For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-20-16), BellaVita (01-20-16), Twiggy (01-20-16)
Old 01-20-16, 03:24 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,896 Times in 9,303 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pharmacists Who Won't Fill

I had a psychiatrist give me scripts so that I could fill them in a different state - and she is complaining about out of town?

Sometimes pharmacists like to act like they are all-powerful and authority figures.

She shouldn't be working there. Refusing someone their medication is not-cool.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BellaVita For This Useful Post:
jamesb79 (01-20-16), Twiggy (01-20-16)
Old 01-20-16, 03:44 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I have had Pharmacists do that to me too.
Just because I am an adult and have a valid prescription for Adderall.

It's their Pharmacy "right" to refuse service to anyone they choose.

I think that "right" is BS when it comes to a valid prescription that they can verify with the doctor that prescribed it.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twiggy For This Useful Post:
aeon (01-20-16), jamesb79 (01-20-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-16, 10:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,144 Times in 5,387 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve never had a problem with a pharmacist here in Minnesota regarding my meds.

In fact, just the opposite.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
jamesb79 (01-21-16)
Old 01-21-16, 08:34 AM

jamesb79 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
Iíve never had a problem with a pharmacist here in Minnesota regarding my meds.

In fact, just the opposite.

Cheers,
Ian
What meds are you taking?
Old 01-26-16, 04:32 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 28,922 Times in 13,087 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really weird and out of the blue. Personally I would find out who the official pharmacist in charge is and tell them about it and ask why for 18 months it was ok, and now its not?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
jamesb79 (02-14-16)