ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-05, 11:38 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Cool Daily Advice Needed

I have decided to develop ODD. I already have ADHD and PTSD, and so far those two haven't done enough for me. I'm too qiuet. Too introverted.

I just realized all of this in another thread. Kimalimah is a great teacher, too.

Kim, I actually told someone they had a fat derriere` today, but I blushed after and apologized , so that doesn't classify as a successful ODD expedition, but at least I spoke up for myself more than usual .....you know what we talked about...slow servers in the supermarkets!!!!!!!!!

I need ideas on how to develop my ODD. I am sure you will all appreciate the outcome.

Old 01-18-05, 12:36 PM

Kimalimah has a spectacular aura aboutKimalimah has a spectacular aura about
Viktoria! ROFLMAO! You are going to give me a BAD name! ODD is actually a real pain in the a**! Always gotta be minding your P's and Q's!

I think a better goal for us would be to continue to work on being confident, assertive, capable of effectively expressing ourselves in face-to-face situations! I, unfortunately, tend towards the "open mouth, insert foot" style!

Hmmmmmm, how shall we proceed to achieve our goals?

Kim
Old 01-19-05, 12:38 AM
ADDvanced Member

Jami Lea is on a distinguished road
what is ODD?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-05, 01:25 AM

Hahahahhahaha, Kim, I thought that would give you a laugh
Old 01-19-05, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami Lea
what is ODD?
Jami, it's Oppositional Defiance Disorder.
Old 01-19-05, 01:38 AM

chameleon has disabled reputation
Here is my future plan...I've plotted it for years and have great anticipation for when the time comes that I can act on it:

When I am old I am going to let my hair go white and wear it in a bun atop my head. I will get real fat and wear granny dresses, donning an apron all the time. I will always have fresh cookies baking in the oven. And I will pretend I have Turrets and Alzheimer's. I will cuss and blurt out whatever I feel. Blame it on the Turrets and Alzheimers..... I will call an ugly baby an ugly baby. I will tell a *****y daughter in law that she's a *****. I will hollar, "DAMN! You have bad breath!" to those that need it, and tell bratty teens to shape up and stay off my lawn or I'll eat them in their sleep.
When all is said and done and everyone's mouth is agape, I shall just pretend I don't remember saying any of that and pass out fresh cookies. God I'm gonna love bein' old...
Until then, I will remain meek. But my day will come.
Old 01-19-05, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-girl
Here is my future plan...I've plotted it for years and have great anticipation for when the time comes that I can act on it:

When I am old I am going to let my hair go white and wear it in a bun atop my head. I will get real fat and wear granny dresses, donning an apron all the time. I will always have fresh cookies baking in the oven. And I will pretend I have Turrets and Alzheimer's. I will cuss and blurt out whatever I feel. Blame it on the Turrets and Alzheimers..... I will call an ugly baby an ugly baby. I will tell a *****y daughter in law that she's a *****. I will hollar, "DAMN! You have bad breath!" to those that need it, and tell bratty teens to shape up and stay off my lawn or I'll eat them in their sleep.
When all is said and done and everyone's mouth is agape, I shall just pretend I don't remember saying any of that and pass out fresh cookies. God I'm gonna love bein' old...
Until then, I will remain meek. But my day will come.
Hehehehehhehehe!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's going to be me too ! I am going to be the nastiest old lady that ever walked. Naturally, with Alzheimers. Cunning too, so I get my own way once I have done my deeds and forgotten what I have done.

So, a little practice now won't hurt. Ok, perhaps I'll go stir up admin
Old 01-19-05, 02:27 AM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Even as a joke, I'd point out that ODD is often more trouble for me than it's worth...it's very problematic and makes my life very hard from time to time. Almost irresistable urges to do things just to "show them" is dangerous...I have to live on almost constant guard to make sure I don't do things I'll later regret as part of a pathological need to assert control and resist authority...Oppositional/Defiant Disorder is not a funny thing, heh.

[shameless plug] I wrote an article on it, by the way, which I think is in the parenting section. [/plug] hehe
Old 01-19-05, 02:37 AM

Kimalimah has a spectacular aura aboutKimalimah has a spectacular aura about
Keith,

I know ODD is not a funny thing...I live with it myself and my son has it in the extreme. Believe me, it is a non-stop battle and causes many problems. We are talking here about developing healthy assertiveness, I think, but adding a twist of humor just because.

For those of us with ODD it means toning down the aggressive, defiant, touching on the violent down, and for those without it is building up a healthy assertiveness to be confident enough to speak up. I think we are both working on the same goal...just approaching it from different sides.

Didn't mean to cause offense...

Kim
Old 01-19-05, 10:17 AM

Keith, no offense intended, but this is only a joke. It is also difficult being an intovert. I will not like my post titles getting edited for "hit" puposes
.............nononon!
Am I doing ok?
Old 01-19-05, 10:26 AM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
LOL seems fine to me.

Sorry I came off like that, it was one in the morning and I was tired and not getting the humor of it. Best of luck...just don't fall into any traps. Sometimes people will tell you to do things they don't want you to do, hoping that you'll defy them by doing something they want you too...they're tricky like that!
Old 01-19-05, 10:35 AM

Thank you Keith. I'm not falling for those pranks. They better watch out!
Old 01-22-05, 01:32 PM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,053 Times in 3,092 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute
To hell with the Alzheimer's, if I'm that old I should be given the benefit of wisdom with age! I'll still hand out cookies. And if I reach 90, I'm taking up smoking....a pipe, or if I have a smelly neighbor, make it a cigar.
Old 01-26-05, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEFORGOT
To hell with the Alzheimer's, if I'm that old I should be given the benefit of wisdom with age! I'll still hand out cookies. And if I reach 90, I'm taking up smoking....a pipe, or if I have a smelly neighbor, make it a cigar.
LOL*** Eye......I never thought of that one But I came close to ODD with my PC earlier. Skimmed down XP and slipstreamed SP2. All went well.........wow, what a fast loading XP disk I had, and an XP that moved like the wind.

As fast as 98. Sounds great, right?

NO

It looked like 98 too. I had taken so much out of XP that it no longer resembled XP. Ohhhh, did I ever turn the air blue . Sadly, no one heard
Old 01-27-05, 10:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Deeperblue is on a distinguished road
yeah, and just the other day, a friend of mine [that little bast**d] said to me---um Deeperblue ( ) you have ADD plus this and that but you are really just odd...[mind you, not ODD but just plain odd.*&^%$]

What line do I stand in to become ODD! I'll show him a thing or 2.

in time of daffodils (who know the goal of living is to grow) forgetting why, remember how.
e. e. cummings