ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-18, 12:35 PM

Thanked 4,184 Times in 2,013 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute
Organizational Thing to Try? Bullet Journals

Something I learned about this spring are bullet journals. I use planners chronically haha ever since I was taught to in middle school. I get ones that have pages for the weeks, and the month, and Are small enough to fit in my purse so I can bring them everywhere, and then I have a tiny little one that just has months for the next 2 years because my gigs get booked so far in advance sometimes.

I don’t do to-do lists in planners though, just appointments, traveling, bdays, gigs, gatherings.

I haven’t really gotten into more tech ways to organize things (except I use my kanbanflow board still - hey you guys remember that thing?? I use it all the time actually because I like the timer and that I can make different columns and different tasks with different to-do lists in side them) I really like physically writing things down, I want to be able to put it in my own format.

But - kanbanflow.com for those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about.

Anywho, the bullet journal. So, the one that I saw (I was at a women’s retreat and there was a workshop on organizational tools that i went to) was very colorful and crafty. And they have become this super duper crafty artsy fartsy thing that does look fun but I honestly don’t have time for all that. It was originally invented to just be very functional and flexible.

So, all the pages have little dots on them kind of like graph paper so you can make boxes around things to highlight them or make categories or whatever, neatly. Some people use the boxes for like monthly mood tracking, so each day you can make boxes and color them in different colors or patterns to help see how you’ve been doing overall.

For myself, I could make columns for each day of the month say, for practicing clarinet. I could color in a box for each time I’ve done a half hour of practicing, kind of a motivator.

Anyways, that’s something kinda cool about the bullet part of it.

BUT the best thing is that you can make a table of contents at the beginning of the book. Some of the bullet journals come with this kind of built in at the beginning, and each page is numbered. So you can put in - September to-do list page 15. Or, October appointment calendar page 16. ... Interview question ideas page 20

When I’vE tried having general notebooks as catch alls in the past for things, because it’s nice to have everything just be in one thing I can stuff in my purse and go, the problem is that I can never find what’s in there, I forget, it just gets buried. Table of contents brilliantly simple solution, DERRR.

Anyways. I’ve been wanting to come back and post that up here.

bullet journal . com (without the spaces)

I haven’t investigated a lot yet but there’s other suggestions at that site...

Last edited by namazu; 07-02-18 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: removed link to commercial website -- replaced with non-hyperlinked version