ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-19, 02:53 AM

LouiseRose1954 is on a distinguished road
LouiseRose's Intro

Hi. I have read everything and I will try to remember everything I read, but I do have short term memory loss, so please bear with me if I forget and just remind me.

I am 65, now on Medicare and Medicaid. At least for now.

I am a male to female pre-op transwoman. I began my transition from male to female in 1990, only because I finally realized why I always wanted to wear womens clothes and why doing what boys do never interested me. I felt so alone. But transitioning changed all that.

I have been married three times. The first one did not accept my female side. There were other issues with her that led to our divorce.

The second wife actually encouraged me to find myself and was with me during the transition. She died in 1998.

My third and current wife I met in 2000. We have been together 19 years and totally fulfill one another.

When I was almost 5 my parents divorced. In my kindergarten class I could not sit down or cut on the lines, or color within the lines. I did not get along with the other kids. I could not sit down and was into everything. The school kept me for another year and the school psychologist told my mom I was hyperactive and needing therapy. So I was enrolled to see one twice a week.

In my later years I was placed in a remedial class to keep my attention on my homework and get it done. I was distracted by everything. Even someone getting up to sharpen their pencil.

Even today I cannot stay focused. or if I am focused and someone interrupts, I totally for get what I was doing or thinking. five items is too much for me to remember if they are not written down.

Recently I have realized I also have OCD and PTSD.

I am under a great deal of stress and get

ting either little sleep or no deep sleep. So I am exhibiting symptoms of fatigue.

A friend of mine with Aspergers and other diagnoses has told me that all that is made my ADHD symptoms worse. So I thought it might be good to talk to others that have ADHD.

I was diagnosed with something else back in 1959, but my friend says that was later updated to ADHD. So I really do not know. I am going to talk to my new PCP about it, and see if I can get it diagnosed.

I know it said I could put my picture on here, but I will never do that again. On another forum I was very open and had my picture on my profile and other things.

I started to make friends and had deep chats with them. But evidently I go too close to someone that had a stalker and my entire family was threatened by email. I had the FBI in my room for a week or more before the idiot was found and captured. I do not want to go through that again. So now I use an alias online at all times and I never put up my face. I truly hope you understand.

And now, let me review. I am 65, living as a transwoman, so my pronouns are she, her, hers and herself. I have a loving and accepting wife younger than me that I have been with for 19 years. I have recently learned that I am suffering from fatique and it is affecting my ADHD. I went online and search for forums to do with ADHD so I could find out more. So here I am.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LouiseRose1954 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-17-19), Lunacie (09-17-19), namazu (09-17-19)
Old 09-17-19, 08:37 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,150 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: LouiseRose's Intro

Welcome to the forum Louiserose.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
LouiseRose1954 (09-17-19)
Old 09-17-19, 12:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,912 Times in 12,558 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome, Louise Rose.

Sometimes I wonder if my life would have been better if I'd been diagnosed
when I was a child. I'm 68 now. Doesn't sound like it helped you very much.
You've been through some tough stuff, but I think you've found the right place.
There is some good information and support here. It's my second home.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
LouiseRose1954 (09-17-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-19, 03:37 PM

Thank you for the welcome, acdc01. I notice you are in OR. we once lived in Portland and found it very friendly.
Old 09-17-19, 03:44 PM

Thanks Lunacie. I don't know how much help it was either. I was on Dilantin, Dexedrine and Phenobarb until my 8th grade. My mom was informed that I would always need the Phenobarb. So every time I expressed myself or got demonstrative, she gave me one. I was always made aware that I was different, which I already knew. Between the attention problems and the constantly wanting to not be a boy, it was hard to deal with my peers' reactions. It was not until in 8th grade I was placed in a remedial class that I began to learn that I was important and just as normal as everyone else.
Old 09-17-19, 04:11 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,800 Times in 14,077 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm