ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 01-02-19, 07:31 AM

Jill22089 is on a distinguished road
Re: Vyvanse Euphoria: Please let's be honest about it

The Euphoria doesn't go away it just lasts for Less time at least for me as long as it's working my mood is improved and it does last 3 hours for me but that's after 3 years of being on it the first like two weeks it would last crazy amount of time like 10 hours that's usually normal when you're getting used to it and then for the longest time like over a year it would last six hours then 5 and so on
Old 11-16-19, 05:40 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Lizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant futureLizzie80 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Just to add on to a point Lunacie was making:
The scientists that work for them are looking for ways to treat diseases and
other health issues.

[/b]
Since this study is over a decade old, maybe generalizations thought appropriate back then wouldn't be considered accurate by the same scientists. I take exception to this viewpoint:

"A major reason is that kids with moderate to severe ADHD already are at high risk of physical harm."

I think that this is true of some ADHD children, but it's certainly not applicable to all. Childrem with anxiety as a co-morbid condition, hyperfocus on preventing injury/pain, and/or for whatever reason aren't physically impulsive can also have moderate to severe ADHD. I understand that's not really to the intention of your post but I wanted to speak up. ADHD needs to be looked at without applying too many absolutes.
20thcenturyfox (11-26-19)
Old 11-26-19, 12:04 PM

mrsleepy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirusali View Post
Well my question is what do you guys feel the medication is doing for you once the good mood fades away?? I feel nothing good and back to my older self. If medication is working past the initial euphoria please explain me how, I really want to find a solution and do not want to abuse me meds.

Many thanks!
Just wanted to add my 2 cents

For me when the euphoria went away, I was still focused and was able to do my routine just fine until I wasn't. Eventually I lost my motivation and became more like my regular self except now with anxiety because I was focused on my normal life slipping away from me.

Eventually I just realized I was having major tolerance issues to the point that even the focus was missing.

So I took a break and when I got back on it, I took the lessons to heart. Always take some breaks when you can afford it, even if it's just one day without meds. Then when I am focused and productive, I structure my life and environment to be ADHD proof so that I can do it even when I'm dead head like now.

This means writing out a plan for each day the night before with back up plans and fail safes to when you get distracted. Putting up phone reminders, associating distractions with certain task and if you can, have people check up on you. I just have a check list that I carry with me which is a brief summery of the plan for today and it feels really good being able to check off things on my list. Like focus more on the good feeling that you finished yet another task than the bad feelings about missing a task. Trust me, you wanna focus on the good feelings of actually being able to cross things off your list, it will foster motivation to stay on track even off meds.

Finally 1 lasting and great benefit I learned is that while the motivation and focus may go away, if you build and reinforce good habits while it does work, that seems to carry over even when it doesn't.

Good luck OP!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsleepy For This Useful Post:
20thcenturyfox (11-26-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-19, 12:58 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Motivation Issue Sounds Familiar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirusali View Post
... I already can hyperfocus quite well, just on the wrong things. Thus, I see ADHD as mainly a motivation problem. And the good vibe/euphoria that dopamine gives me is what enables me to suppress the undesired behavior/stop craving and do what I must do....
I, too, feel my depression and ADHD symptoms are clustered more around poor motivation than any sort of mood effects.

But I wouldn't describe my experience with Vyvanse alone as "euphoric;" I felt like the lights were on and I had more energy, but it felt a little more harsh than with Adderall, and Vyvanse definitely hurts my sleep unless I take it before 7am.

However, when it comes to motivation, the best effect so far came with Vyvanse (or Adderall) plus Atomoxitine. I still struggle with motivation, but with this combo I can start to see some results from my efforts and intentions. So maybe there's a little boost to working memory as well to help stay on track with what I SHOULD be doing to reach my goals.

Could be worth a try?
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
namazu (11-26-19)
Old 11-26-19, 02:26 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
I Agree With Your Point, But the Statistics are Shocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie80 View Post
Since this study is over a decade old, maybe generalizations thought appropriate back then wouldn't be considered accurate by the same scientists. I take exception to this viewpoint:

"A major reason is that kids with moderate to severe ADHD already are at high risk of physical harm."

I think that this is true of some ADHD children, but it's certainly not applicable to all. Childrem with anxiety as a co-morbid condition, hyperfocus on preventing injury/pain, and/or for whatever reason aren't physically impulsive can also have moderate to severe ADHD. I understand that's not really to the intention of your post but I wanted to speak up. ADHD needs to be looked at without applying too many absolutes.
Without denying the wide variability of ADHD symptoms and deficits--or the successful adaptations many sufferers do make--studies continue to show that ADHD is associated with higher levels of accidental injury, criminal victimization and self-harm--with resulting higher mortality--at every stage of life. (I think in another thread someone recently published research that indicated ADHD takes an average of 13 years off of life expectancy.)

It is probably fair to say that the public at large, being generally ignorant of ADHD in general, is also unaware of the range of impairments that lead to these higher risks. In the case of those suffering from anxieties and preoccupations, this may save them from overt impulsive risk taking, but it won't necessarily help them navigate the ordinary hazards of life, or learn effective self-care skills. It would be surprising if they were not also at increased risk of other more subtle harms. Isn't that what impairment does?

It might have been better to say that "most kids with moderate to severe ADHD...etc.), but the generalization does not seem unfair at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-26-19)