ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-19, 09:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Every time I see a pic from the Dumbo movie it makes me cry.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
stef (03-28-19)
Old 03-25-19, 10:14 AM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I no longer enjoy the job I use to enjoy going to nor the people around me..problem is I make good money for what I do and won't get that in the field I am in.i have 18 years in and hopefully a pension coming to me in several more years..I'm really torn right now.its seems so many people start off decent and turn into royal jack asses real quickly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-25-19), Little Missy (03-25-19), namazu (03-25-19), stef (03-25-19), tudorose (03-25-19)
Old 03-25-19, 08:00 PM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold

Hello bothered people - I hope you feel less bothered soon!

I recently quit my job as an HR professional with a company and coworkers I loved (loved them but not the job because I was struggling) to pursue my dream of becoming a novelist.

I'm TERRIFIED that I'll fail and end up working a job I don't feel passionate about and struggling for 40 years until I can retire. I know this isn't a reasonable fear. I know it comes from attempting several careers and failing (teaching, HR), but I never dreamt of becoming a teacher or an HR professional. I've dreamt of writing novels since I was a child and I learned that was an actual career that people had. I dreamt, but I always assumed that I could never succeed and support myself that way, but of course, others could, just not me.

Now that I have taken the leap, I'm having trouble letting go of the idea that ADHD will get in my way rather than give me a unique perspective. I'm mad that ADHD sometimes makes simple daily life tasks so difficult that I don't have energy left to create. I'm mad at the people who think I am just using it as an excuse or think that just because they sometimes have trouble focusing, they understand my experience and are qualified to give me advice like "just make yourself sit down and write 1000 words a day no matter what" or "go run around the block to get rid of excess energy and you'll be able to focus". I'm also tired of people assuming that just because I am medicated, I'm fixed, and I shouldn't have trouble anymore OR assuming that I am just like their friends in college who had prescriptions for Adderall so they could study in marathon stretches.

Sometimes all of this frustration blocks up creativity and leaves me ruminating about how poor mental health education is and how little support mental health sufferers receive from insurance or government programs compared to physical injury/illness sufferers.

I'm glad to have a place like this to let that out knowing I might actually be heard and validated rather than misunderstood and placated.

Thanks for reading!
namazu (03-26-19), stef (03-28-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-19, 05:43 PM

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

I was just about to post that I thought I was supposed to meet with a potential client today, but she meant NEXT Thursday. so yeah, the fear is there.

I've always wanted to write for a living (non-fiction/ translation and it's worth it.

unrelated: My outfit included polka-dot socks and a green and grey striped poncho, well of course it doesn't matter because I was wearing boots, but I didn't MATCH.

Last edited by stef; 03-28-19 at 05:56 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (03-28-19), aeon (03-30-19), Little Missy (03-29-19)
Old 03-29-19, 03:46 PM

ADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to beholdADHD_Trekkie is a splendid one to behold

I want to murder Facebook (not any person, just the whole site).

I already seriously dislike the site, for a lot of reasons, but now I am trying to connect to an ADHD private support group thing and the link I was sent via email isn't working.

Group Admin doesn't know what is going wrong and none of the help outlets FB offers have produced any answers. I just got a generic "thanks for your feedback" response to my report.

Every post in the help community I find about this issue has the same useless copy and paste response (which I have tried and doesn't work), then the question gets closed with no actual solution.

Grrrrrrrr!!

Now, this is all I can seem to think about and there is no answer in sight!

Thus, I want to murder Facebook.
Old 03-29-19, 03:47 PM

I want to murder Facebook (not any person, just the whole site).

I already seriously dislike the site, for a lot of reasons, but now I am trying to connect to an ADHD private support group thing and the link I was sent via email isn't working.

Group Admin doesn't know what is going wrong and none of the help outlets FB offers have produced any answers. I just got a generic "thanks for your feedback" response to my report.

Every post in the help community I find about this issue has the same useless copy and paste response (which I have tried and doesn't work), then the question gets closed with no actual solution.

Grrrrrrrr!!

Now, this is all I can seem to think about and there is no answer in sight!

Thus, I want to murder Facebook.
Old 04-03-19, 01:21 PM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,436 Times in 748 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

My dad is pressuring me to try doing an online drop shipping business selling socks from China.. What could possibly go wrong?

Heck, it's he's letting me use his bank account, so it's his problem anyway...
namazu (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 04:14 PM

Thanked 14,983 Times in 6,694 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

It was a hard day of therapy today and my hip extensors and lower back are killing me right now.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (04-04-19), Little Missy (04-04-19), Lunacie (04-03-19), midnightstar (04-03-19), namazu (04-03-19), stef (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 05:03 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeon View Post
It was a hard day of therapy today and my hip extensors and lower back are killing me right now.

Cheers,
Ian
s aeon hope you feel better soon
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-03-19), stef (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 06:20 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I just misjudged my position on the bed and fell off it. I don't even remember what I was trying to do. Smashed my face and my shoulder into the bed side table. Uggh. My shoulder is not happy.

My knees ajd other bits are shot from running and everything I do is just making it worse and I'm so annoyed about that too.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
ADHD_Trekkie (04-03-19), aeon (04-03-19), Greyhound1 (04-04-19), Little Missy (04-03-19), Lunacie (04-03-19), midnightstar (04-03-19), namazu (04-03-19)
Old 04-03-19, 06:23 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
I just misjudged my position on the bed and fell off it. I don't even remember what I was trying to do. Smashed my face and my shoulder into the bed side table. Uggh. My shoulder is not happy.

My knees ajd other bits are shot from running and everything I do is just making it worse and I'm so annoyed about that too.
Ouch I hope you feel better soon Fuzzy
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-04-19), stef (04-04-19)
Old 04-03-19, 09:53 PM

Thanked 22,362 Times in 12,041 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post

I did the same, only I punctured the soft spot behind my eyebrow. I thought I had stopped the bleeding bit I woke up with a huge black eye. Today is even worse, the black eye has joined the jowels.

What can you do? So I summoned up the moxie and went about as usual and frightened everyone in my path.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-04-19), Fuzzy12 (04-04-19), Greyhound1 (04-04-19), Lunacie (04-03-19), namazu (04-03-19), stef (04-04-19)
Old 04-04-19, 02:30 AM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

My emotional state is so bad. I was doing so well but then my knees gave up on me and I've been sliding back into depression ever since. I've been a mess since that huge argument with hubby last week. It's 7.30 and I'm still in bed. Both fuzzling and me will be late again.

Everything is hurting. My legs, my throat, my shoulder, my knees and my mind. I hate that I'm back at this point and I hate that now that I'm miserable I can post again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-04-19), Lunacie (04-04-19), namazu (04-04-19)
Old 04-04-19, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
I did the same, only I punctured the soft spot behind my eyebrow. I thought I had stopped the bleeding bit I woke up with a huge black eye. Today is even worse, the black eye has joined the jowels.

What can you do? So I summoned up the moxie and went about as usual and frightened everyone in my path.
What's moxie?
Old 04-04-19, 08:28 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,436 Times in 748 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

When you're an admin of your church facebook page and you feel like using an alt account to ban someone who blocked you on facebook as an april fools joke... lol jk