ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-18, 01:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,143 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

My new doctor told me to take 4 aleve pills a day for my shoulder. After reading the posts here about NSAIDS, I'm starting to not want to do as she suggested.

Bit worried for my stomach.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 01:28 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what thread you're talking about...but I take Ibuprofen (which is a nsaid) almost everyday...sometimes way too much of it...
And it's never given me any issues. I take both with an empty and a full stomach.
I've been doing this for months.
It very well may catch up to me yet though .

Maybe just plan on taking them daily for like a week...then see how you're doing with them and go from there?

Sorry your shoulder is hurting ...you may have mentioned it here, but I must've missed it...what's wrong with your shoulder?

(((((((ACDCs)))))))

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 03:38 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post
My new doctor told me to take 4 aleve pills a day for my shoulder. After reading the posts here about NSAIDS, I'm starting to not want to do as she suggested.

No offense but thats kinda ridiculous. Aleve is Naproxin which is very hard on your stomach. With the issues I have with my stomach I cant take NSAIDS at all and ended up in the hospital because of taking aleve three days in a row. Its very hard on your stomach. Even people with no issues with their stomach have had problems. (psycho you are very lucky you havent had a problem and I would caution you). It can cause ulcers, thin the lining of the stomach. It can aggravate heart burn and acid reflux and make you throw up. That much aleve is also not good for your liver. Personally I have still taken aleve here and there out of desperation but never ever 4 pills. Even my husband's prescription aleve is equivalent to 4 pills and his is only allowed to take that every other day. My rant about aleve is doctor's are so afraid of the opiate epidemic that they used to tell you to take a sh*t ton of tylenol. Then someone got the menu that it was terrible for your liver so they push advil and aleve. I think they are not considering the damage it can do to your stomach and liver simply because they worry about addiction and abuse. I am not saying that you should have been given pain medicine instead, just that its an explanation for the lack of regard to any harm it could do people.
But this is just my opinion.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-08-18), SashaBV (10-08-18), tudorose (10-08-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-18, 04:54 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know...just because they are hard on you and some others...doesn't mean they'll be hard on others.
I'm going to blindly guess that the mass majority of people who take aleve as instructed don't have/get stomach issues from it.

And who's to say the doctor isn't considering the side effects aleve can have?
I don't know the first thing about opioids (or aleve or other nsaids for that matter)...but I'd assume that opiods and other stronger pain meds requiring a prescription would have more...or at the very least...and equal amount of risks as aleve/over the counter nsaids.

I'm sorry for arguing here.
I know you've had a hard time with nsaids, which really sucks .
And it is good to inform others of the possible negatives of taking nsaids.

But I just don't think they should be totally dismissed either. 4 pills every 24 hours doesn't seem that extreme to me...and especially coming from a doctor.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

acdc01 (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 06:10 AM

Thanked 5,574 Times in 2,408 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
(((Tud-Tuds)))

Do you work graveyard shifts? Or do you live outside the usa?
I live in Australia it's 6.10pm right now.
psychopathetic (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I live in Australia it's 6.10pm right now.
wow! That's a 14 hour difference from where I am (central'ish USA)
(you posted that at 4:10 am my time)

That's really neat!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

tudorose (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 10:28 AM

Thanked 26,865 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Do you guys get all weepy and emotional when you get sick?

It's normal...isn't it?
Yes, I do. Less as I get older. Dunno why that is.

Not as weepy and emotional as I get from exposure to scented products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudorose View Post
I used to. Then since fibro I just get grumpy. Like not this **** again!! I'm still in pain. No sleep last night. I'm at work and I wanna go home.
Pain makes me grumpy too, but being sick is different for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc01 View Post

Maybe for a couple of days. Then just 3 a day. Then just 2 a day.
And no longer than a week.
Alternate ice and heat on your shoulder maybe?
Ice for 20 minutes. A couple of hours later heat for 20 minutes.

Like a lot of meds, Aleve can cause water retention and swelling.
I didn't realize Benedryl does this too.
Last summer I was taking it for swollen feet from allergies.
Did. Not. Help. Ended up getting a shot of cortisone in my butt.
Water retention and swelling can affect breathing and cause chest pain.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), lisariver (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-08-18), tudorose (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 01:51 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

So are relationships hard on the stomach
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), Lunacie (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18), stef (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 02:28 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,749 Times in 14,043 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Finally got a working computer again, just while the other one is getting sorted.
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), Lunacie (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18), stef (10-08-18)
Old 10-08-18, 03:35 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
Finally got a working computer again, just while the other one is getting sorted.
Glad you're back online.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (10-09-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 04:57 PM

Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,143 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

So I spoke with a pharmacist as well (someone I know personally, not professionally). They seemed to think 4 aleves a day was ok too since I was only doing that for a week and I don't have stomach issues (except heartburn sometimes). With two professionals saying it's ok, I guess I'll try it for the less than half a week left.

But yeah psycho, did a dr. tell you it was ok to take that much NSAID for that long? Cause I think Sarah is right about the potentially very serious and permanent damages it can do if you take the med long term.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 05:13 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Everything sucks. Just had a horrible day Had a meeting in the morning with fuzzling's keyworker and manager where we told them we were taking fuzzling out if the nursery and they tried to make it really hard. Saying we were just postponing the problem instead of dealing with it. Thankfully I had prepared myself with some solid science avout early years stress but I didn't lay it on too thick because I didn't want to antagonise them. Then they changed track to say that it's basically my fault because I'm not good at letting her go or because she can sense my anxiety when leaving, etc.

The worst is that they are now getting something like social services involved. I'd sort of agreed to it earlier because they hadn't told me the name or what it really was bexausw apparently they had to look it up... so I'd assumed it was some sort of medical body that would recommend some sort of psychotherapy. Turns out that's not really true. They are more related to police and courts and their main purpose seems to be to intervene in cases of neglect and abuse. They'd made it out to be voluntary so today I just told them we didn't think they were appropriate and we'd rather get advice from our go and the health visitor but they said they are duty bound now to contact this agency because fuzzling is leaving the nursery and they are concerned about her development. Ughh. And this from the woman who cooly stood next to fuzzling ignoring her and letting her cry her eyes out on her first day.

I've got second doubts about the other nursery we've picked as well. We are starting the settling in sessions this week but the time they've given us is right bang during fuzzling's nap time. I've got no idea how to get her to nap and give her lunch and make it there on time. I want her to be well rested and not hungry so she is more comfortable but I don't know how to manage that now. I suck at organisation on the best if days and now I need to completely bring forward her routine. Worryingly they refused when I asked for another time.

Finally I'd contacted a colleague of mine who quit recently because his child wasn't doing well in nursery either. We'd always got along well so since I'm on leave this week I contacted him and suggested meeting up with the kiddies. He's agreed but seems a bit reluctant and now I'm worried that he's thinking I'm trying to hit on him. I'm a bit annoyed that anyone could think that when that's the last thing on my mind and I feel like I'm sort of beyond the age or the phase where that should be a concern (or maybe I'm imagining stuff...or maybe I'm just being too insecure).

By the way haven't updated on the hubby situation. We had a long, honest and very, very difficult talk and we've decided to give it another shot. So that's a weight off my mind at least but I've got too many other still there.

Mostly fuzzling. I'm so worried about her. Worried about her mental health. Her future. Will she never be able to form healthy relationships or adjust to other people like the nursery warned? Is this my fault because I'm not that social and introverted myself? Is it something genetically inherited? Have I tied her too much to me in an attempt to respond to all her needs? I've always tried to.encourage her to be independent but have I maybe given her too much attention? Is that even possible? Have my mental health problems affected her? Has she inherited them? Am I inadvertently teaching them to her?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), midnightstar (10-09-18), namazu (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 05:59 PM

Thanked 11,437 Times in 6,063 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Boy you sound like your surround by a bunch of judgemental d bags fuzzy..no one know the future of anybody you could be raised perfectly n end up a felon etc. Or vice versa
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Everything sucks. Just had a horrible day Had a meeting in the morning with fuzzling's keyworker and manager where we told them we were taking fuzzling out if the nursery and they tried to make it really hard. Saying we were just postponing the problem instead of dealing with it. Thankfully I had prepared myself with some solid science avout early years stress but I didn't lay it on too thick because I didn't want to antagonise them. Then they changed track to say that it's basically my fault because I'm not good at letting her go or because she can sense my anxiety when leaving, etc.

The worst is that they are now getting something like social services involved. I'd sort of agreed to it earlier because they hadn't told me the name or what it really was bexausw apparently they had to look it up... so I'd assumed it was some sort of medical body that would recommend some sort of psychotherapy. Turns out that's not really true. They are more related to police and courts and their main purpose seems to be to intervene in cases of neglect and abuse. They'd made it out to be voluntary so today I just told them we didn't think they were appropriate and we'd rather get advice from our go and the health visitor but they said they are duty bound now to contact this agency because fuzzling is leaving the nursery and they are concerned about her development. Ughh. And this from the woman who cooly stood next to fuzzling ignoring her and letting her cry her eyes out on her first day.

I've got second doubts about the other nursery we've picked as well. We are starting the settling in sessions this week but the time they've given us is right bang during fuzzling's nap time. I've got no idea how to get her to nap and give her lunch and make it there on time. I want her to be well rested and not hungry so she is more comfortable but I don't know how to manage that now. I suck at organisation on the best if days and now I need to completely bring forward her routine. Worryingly they refused when I asked for another time.

Finally I'd contacted a colleague of mine who quit recently because his child wasn't doing well in nursery either. We'd always got along well so since I'm on leave this week I contacted him and suggested meeting up with the kiddies. He's agreed but seems a bit reluctant and now I'm worried that he's thinking I'm trying to hit on him. I'm a bit annoyed that anyone could think that when that's the last thing on my mind and I feel like I'm sort of beyond the age or the phase where that should be a concern (or maybe I'm imagining stuff...or maybe I'm just being too insecure).

By the way haven't updated on the hubby situation. We had a long, honest and very, very difficult talk and we've decided to give it another shot. So that's a weight off my mind at least but I've got too many other still there.

Mostly fuzzling. I'm so worried about her. Worried about her mental health. Her future. Will she never be able to form healthy relationships or adjust to other people like the nursery warned? Is this my fault because I'm not that social and introverted myself? Is it something genetically inherited? Have I tied her too much to me in an attempt to respond to all her needs? I've always tried to.encourage her to be independent but have I maybe given her too much attention? Is that even possible? Have my mental health problems affected her? Has she inherited them? Am I inadvertently teaching them to her?
I don't think I've said this before about anyone, but it sounds like they are
'gaslighting' you. Making it all your fault. Making you doubt yourself as a
good parent. When all you do is worry about doing the right thing for Lil Fuzz.

Let's see if they follow through with their "threat." Yeah, it sounds exactly like
a threat. You fired them so they come back with accusations against you.
Hunh-uh. Nope. They are full of themselves. I'm so sorry they ever convinced
you to leave your daughter there. I hope she'll do better at the new nursery.

And if not, that you will take her out. Poor baby.

I hope you and hubs can come to a meeting of the minds.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-08-18), namazu (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)
Old 10-08-18, 07:43 PM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Reb and lunacie. Thanks for the validation.

And yes, if the new nursery doesn't work I will take her out again. And if necessary I will quit my job irrespective of what anyone thinks.

I've got a week full of talking ahead of me. Every day settling in sessions in the new nursery, gp, health visitor, etc and between that I'm trying to arrange social outings so fuzzling doesn't get too isolated with just me at home. I'm dreading it all (and then I wonder where fuzzling gets her issues from...). I just want to sleep. But it needs to be done.

And then in the evening I'll come on here and cry and whine to you guys about how horrible everything has been. I'm not joking. Maybe it's pathetic or selfish but that's actually my plan and to be honest I think it's a good plan. I need to do this stuff thst I hate and dread and I need a place where I can blow off steam and feel understood and validated. You guys are my light.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (10-08-18), Lunacie (10-08-18), midnightstar (10-09-18), namazu (10-08-18), psychopathetic (10-09-18)