ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-19, 06:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,572 Times in 2,406 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I'm worried about what the future holds for Willow with her heart murmur

must not google ...... must not google .....
My daughter has one. She's fine. Dr explained it as just a noisey valve. No consequences. She's exercised to extreme, been under stress, had operations and no problem. My mother had one too. She was a professional athlete.
Little Missy (06-13-19), midnightstar (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 08:03 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 23,748 Times in 14,042 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Willow's been tucked up in bed for most of the day, worrying that it could be her heart murmur causing it but idk cause its warm here today as well so idk what to think

the vet said if she stops being active then thats a concern

idk whether to be worried yet or not

she's back in at the vet on the 29th
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following User Says Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 08:51 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,986 Times in 7,935 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I don't mean to be such a continuous loser.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-19, 09:03 AM

midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
nope you are not a loser, psycho

Lunacie (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 11:14 AM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
Me too psycho. I wish things were different. I wish I was different. It sucks but what can you do? I know it's not a comfort but I don't think that you are a loser at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
eclectic beagle (06-11-19), Lunacie (06-09-19), midnightstar (06-09-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Me too psycho. I wish things were different. I wish I was different. It sucks but what can you do? I know it's not a comfort but I don't think that you are a loser at all.
you are not a loser either everyone's favouritest Fuzzy

Fuzzy12 (06-09-19)
Old 06-09-19, 08:55 PM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,402 Times in 5,428 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightstar View Post
I'm worried about what the future holds for Willow with her heart murmur

must not google ...... must not google .....
The vet who first saw my Mini (the cat who grew up with) said he had a heart murmur and wanted us to make an appointment with a cardiologist. My mom declined the appointment. Kitty lived till he was 14 with no apparent ill effects.

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-09-19), Lunacie (06-09-19), midnightstar (06-10-19), namazu (06-09-19)
Old 06-10-19, 04:55 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,435 Times in 747 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

So remember over a year ago I talked about how there's this girl at my church I felt super awkward being around because I kept messaging her online for reassurance that she wasn't pursuing me (sure I had a bit of a crush, but I didnt want a relationship).. And how I had become good friends with her former boyfriend?

So my friend is studying medicine in another state (the girl is also in the medical field too) and he used to attend university in the state I live. Since we attend the same denomination and in every state we have a meet up/evangelistic meeting called camp meeting, so he comes to the one at my state for just one weekend (he also has friends at a church in another town).

Now here's the thing that was bothering me. I wanted him to come meet up with my church friends for potluck, hoping that girl would be there just so it would be an interesting surprise, but at the same time I wasnt even sure if she was there. I invited my friend, but he had already been invited by friends from his former church. I chose to go with him too, but I had gotten a ride by someone who had to leave right after potluck, so I had to run over to where my church was having potluck so I could find someone else to take me home later.

I also noticed the girl was there and thought to myself it's too bad my friend hadnt come over. If I could go back in time I would have called myself an idiot and say that I should tell my friend she's here so he can come over to say hi. I say that because I mentioned she was at camp meeting and he wasnt aware of this and he mentioned that he thought of meeting up to say hi.

I was texting him about how she's finishing residency this month with plans to go overseas to some USA territory. My friend is busy studying for a board exam, he's got one more year of medical school to go. I know he doesnt always check his texts right a way, but after texting all that yesterday, I began to feel so bad though and waiting for him to reply doesnt make it feel any better.

Ironically, while I'm ruminating over a missed meet up opportunity, he's busy studying and probably forgot all about that. I'm sure he will eventually see my texts and tell me not to worry about it. I think I'm addicted to reassurance seeking, but I dont seem to have the courage to just call to talk about it. Ironically, it's the texting of my worries that causes the anxiety to get worse. I literally just realized this while typing.

I just learned something today about myself, if you're a worrwart, shun texting like a plague and call instead.. Lol jk
aeon (06-10-19), eclectic beagle (06-11-19), midnightstar (06-10-19), namazu (06-10-19), stef (06-11-19)
Old 06-11-19, 08:07 AM
Minecraft Mod-rater

Thanked 1,435 Times in 747 Posts
TurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to allTurtleBrain is a name known to all

My friend replied, said not to blame myself because he could have asked me himself about if his friend was at the camp meeting. He also let me know that he indeed is busy studying all day and doesn't get to read his texts very consistently. Best friend ever.

I think I'm still learning how to get over people pleasing and worrying what others think. I watched a recent video by Blimey Cow about this topic and found it really helpful. One of the last things mentioned in the video is that people pleasing is more about you wanting to feel accepted than actually about being concerned about the other person. I found that very insightful, helped me realize I don't need constant reassurance of feeling accepted, I don't really see myself as feeling that insecure.. lol.
Lunacie (06-11-19), namazu (06-11-19), stef (06-11-19)
Old 06-11-19, 10:50 AM

Thanked 4,272 Times in 2,419 Posts
eclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond reputeeclectic beagle has a reputation beyond repute

"This would make a great movie" is a nice sentiment, but didn't stop the project from dying in obscurity. Almost finished with another piece. Endless assembly line I guess.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eclectic beagle For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-13-19), Little Missy (06-11-19), Lunacie (06-11-19), namazu (06-11-19), stef (06-11-19)
Old 06-11-19, 01:31 PM

Thanked 26,858 Times in 12,534 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

The itching is driving me crazy. It's not visible insect bites, no real rash.
There haven't been any changes in laundry detergent or shower style.
No new meds, no new clothes, I can't think of any reason for the itching.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-11-19), midnightstar (06-11-19), namazu (06-11-19)
Old 06-12-19, 11:50 PM
Contributor

SashaBV will become famous soon enough

Itching drives me nuts. Recently I had a skin cancer removed (MOHS surgery) and the place on my cheek turned out to have spread out a lot. I ended up getting plastic surgery by another doctor afterward to cover that area with skin. A lot of itching! I think the Telfa dressing ended up making the itching worse than it usually does when I have MOHS, but that's what the plastic surgeon said to use. Really happy now that the stitches are out and the itching is much less.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (06-13-19), Lunacie (06-13-19), namazu (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 03:00 AM

Thanked 27,483 Times in 13,303 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

There is a quiz on Buzzfeed to find out what is the highest grossing film the year you were born. It only goes back to 1975. So I am apparently too old for this site.

But here's the good part: I looked it up, and in 1967 the top movie was The Graduate. there is this line towards the beginning, Dustin Hoffman's father says "what kind of a half-baked idea is that?!"
"it's not half-baked, it's completely baked".
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (06-13-19), Greyhound1 (06-17-19), Little Missy (06-13-19)
Old 06-13-19, 05:38 AM

Thanked 30,751 Times in 14,141 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
The itching is driving me crazy. It's not visible insect bites, no real rash.
There haven't been any changes in laundry detergent or shower style.
No new meds, no new clothes, I can't think of any reason for the itching.
Dry skin? Eczema?
Old 06-13-19, 09:26 AM

Thanked 26,858 Times in 12,534 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
Dry skin? Eczema?
Doc told me last year I have dry skin, but I don't see any eczema rashes.
Dry skin can be caused by thyroid issues and I've been taking thyroid pills,
for about the same amount of time I've been itching ... you don't suppose?
Wouldn't be the first time I've been allergic to a medication.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
namazu (06-13-19)