ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-08, 12:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

jawglasswell is on a distinguished road
Re: Long Term Effects on Adderall / Sleep Deprivation?

You need sleep. I had a psychotic break due to lack of sleep and too much Adderall. Sad but a learning experience. Please sleep.

=====

Old 10-14-08, 02:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

D.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura aboutD.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura about

About a year ago i had a major psychotic break from dexedrine and plain old insomnia. I went way off into paranoid delusional land and thought there were snipers in trees and i could see their laser sights on me. This culminated in a mass delusion and seeing shadow people. Luckily i had valium and antipsychotics at my disposal or i really would have went off the edge and ended up in a psych ward. I still have a weird sort of PTSD from it but i havent told my doctor.

If you must abuse stimulants and you shouldnt, know your boundries and if you start even getting the slightest hallucination/visual distortion stop taking the damn drugs. Benzos also help immensely if you start getting crazy but that creates a big circle of addiction thats equally as bad. Eating and sleeping are half of the equation for psychosis so remember to eat and stay hydrated.

I always took my meds responsibly before but even more so now. Respect the drugs because they will make you suffer if you dont.
The Following User Says Thank You to D.B. Cooper For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (10-15-08)
Old 10-14-08, 11:16 PM

CYCLE FATIGUE is on a distinguished road

My sleeping issues from withdraws from heroin .
Ya i am an accomplished self distructor
besides no sleep i could not hold food down for 2 weeks and no liquid stayed down for a few days.
but hey cold turkey sucks.
just quit smokin 2 weeks ago 2
I refuse to allow anything to control me any longer.some people have past skeletons i have a holecaust
sorry bout the spelling etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-08, 11:18 PM

CYCLE FATIGUE is on a distinguished road

i found ya usually hear whispers at first then shadows then it gets really weird.was up 5 days over self medicating w/street meds
swswswswswwwwwswsw
Old 10-15-08, 03:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Batman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to beholdBatman55 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
About a year ago i had a major psychotic break from dexedrine and plain old insomnia. I went way off into paranoid delusional land and thought there were snipers in trees and i could see their laser sights on me. This culminated in a mass delusion and seeing shadow people. Luckily i had valium and antipsychotics at my disposal or i really would have went off the edge and ended up in a psych ward. I still have a weird sort of PTSD from it but i havent told my doctor.
I was a stimulant addict for a while, and after a while I started getting pieces of these episodes almost every time I used amphetamines, even just 5-10 milligrams and the paranoia came on very quickly. But the sleep deprivation makes psychosis a lot worse. One can't "wish himself out of psychosis" even though I was aware that the psychosis was not real. It's unbeatable on your own.

A common pattern for amphetamine addicts is usually 2 weeks of daily use, then you can't take the beating anymore, and you have to sleep. That's how it was for me. Now my ADD and motivational problems are a lot worse, I have longterm anhedonia (can't enjoy anything like I used to), and I live with this strange "pressure in my head" symptom every day of my life. All a result of stimulant abuse.

I pushed my addiction all the way to the breaking point, where my health was truly in danger, and I was simply too "unhinged" to want to stop. It's really a bad situation for everyone... tweaking makes you slowly insane. You can't make a good decision anymore, it just doesn't even seem worth the bother. You have to be sober long enough for psychotic thinking to go away.
Old 10-15-08, 10:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,481 Times in 751 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

I've always called it "the dark trip"
....it reminds me of halloween style LSD.

I never belived anything I saw.
.....even tho I stayed up 14 days at a time, and slept 3 for a year.

I also had PLENTY of "shared psychotic episodes"
....where 2 or more people see the same disturbing image?

it's like seeing thru vampire eyes.
...like being seduced by the darkside of the force.

once you've escaped reality for long enough, you can't always come all the way back.

....you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

now I'm so crazy, i don't trust my own judgement, because, I made such bad choices in the past..

death
institutions
jail.

Syd Barrett
The Following User Says Thank You to SuzzanneX For This Useful Post:
Batman55 (10-16-08)
Old 12-02-08, 08:02 AM
Jr Member

crzmoma is on a distinguished road

Does it count when you have taken your meds during the day as normal and a new drilling rig is on the 40 acres behind your property laying pipe into the ground. I am not upset about it as the property is my SIL's but dang I need to get some ear plugs for the next ten days or so (well at least I have something to blame my insomnia on ). Maybe I will get a Sasquacht outfit and scare the crap out of them - we are in the middle of nowhere and that just might work. Just Teasing.
Old 12-02-08, 08:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,481 Times in 751 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

sleep deprivation, and malnutrition, do more harm than the drug itself.

Syd Barrett
Old 01-07-09, 02:34 AM
Contributor

bumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of lightbumblebe is a glorious beacon of light

The fact that you are open and honest about what you are doing is huge. You are asking for help so your on the right road.
The Following User Says Thank You to bumblebe For This Useful Post:
mklong71807 (04-01-11)
Old 01-08-09, 02:42 PM
Jr Member

Ms. Understood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
i already went to caron foundation for liquior , i know all about NA/AA and that jazz. but adderall has been my crutch and i havent drank since with it. -
Sounds to me that U just switched one addiction for another -GO TO TREATMENT!!!!
Old 05-13-17, 02:51 AM

bltucka is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: Long Term Effects on Adderall / Sleep Deprivation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teky View Post
your obviously one to jump the gun . ACTUALLY I DO HAVE IT. im just a drug addict ya douche. ive been prescribed ADHD since i was 9. GG~
Your comment made me smile, I was in a ****ty mood too. lol thanks.
Old 05-18-17, 11:05 PM

Thanked 30,724 Times in 13,779 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

moderator note

thread closed for review.

cheers,
-peri
Closed Thread