ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Non-ADD Partner Support
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Non-ADD Partner Support This is a support forum for non-ADD partners, spouses, and significant others offering feedback from both the ADD and non-ADD perspectives

Old 05-18-17, 04:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,173 Times in 1,635 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: long term marriage in trouble, don't know what to do anymore

In the state I live in, there's a program called at risk drivers. It requires medical professionals to report their patients to the department of motor vehicles of their patients inability to drive. The patients usually get their licenses revoked and according to stats I've read, less than 10% are ever allowed to drive again.

If there is such a program in your country, could you get the dr. to do whatever it takes to get your husband's license revoked? Ask him to do it but tell him not to tell your husband it was you who suggested this to the dr.

In my state, the dr. Should have already done this. I'm actually surprised the cops haven't already taken away your husband's license.

He shouldn't be driving. He's not just risking his own life or even just yours. He may kill children someday or others.

Course if your dr is the one that gets his license revoked and your husband finds out it was the dr who did this, he might never want to go to the dr. again.