ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-17, 10:42 AM

coolbanana is on a distinguished road
The general forum interface seems full of bugs

Im using the Chrome browser.

When I surf to the web address of the forum, I arrive at a page which has two logins. The first login in the top right hand corner never works and leads to a white screen of death.

The second login lower down and to the left , leads to something but not to the forum. At this something , theres a lot of other links which similarly lead to a white screen of frustration. I eventually found a way to the bounty of posts in the forum. However I think theres some issues here, unless its just me ... which it very well could be ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coolbanana For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 11:44 AM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,946 Times in 9,008 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The general forum interface seems full of bugs

This site has a number of known problems. There is exactly one person who has the access rights to be able to change anything. He has ADHD, he knows that the site more or less sort of works, and he therefore doesn't fix anything. Nobody seriously challenges the status quo because he owns the site and at least he continues to pay the bill and not let it die.

There have been exciting announcements from time to time, that there will be a new feature or that the problems will be fixed. They turn out not to be true.
Postmodernism, the school of 'thought' that proclaimed 'There are no truths, only interpretations' has largely played itself out in absurdity, but it has left behind a generation of academics in the humanities disabled by their distrust of the very idea of truth and their disrespect for evidence, settling for 'conversations' in which nobody is wrong and nothing can be confirmed, only asserted with whatever style you can muster.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dvdnvwls For This Useful Post:
coolbanana (05-05-17), midnightstar (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 12:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,150 Times in 12,613 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's a well known problem.

Use www.addforums.com/forums
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
coolbanana (05-05-17), midnightstar (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-17, 12:41 PM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 17,965 Times in 8,806 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

As dvdnvwls suggested, these are known bugs, and only David, the site owner, has the ability to fix them. Maybe some day... (Please, David?!) Until then, it will be frustrating to members, moderators, and admins alike!

Meanwhile, as Fuzzy said, point your browser to www.addforums.com/forums for reduced-error-message access.

You can read a previous round of discussion about this issue in the sticky thread here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
coolbanana (05-05-17), midnightstar (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 12:45 PM

Thanked 11,723 Times in 5,208 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

A move to a later version of vBulletin® would be welcome too, not only for the additional functionality and compatibility, but also because of reduced security risk.

I was a member on a forum that was completely and utterly destroyed by hackers, and it would be a loss of great proportion to see everything here disappear in such a fashion.

Cheers,
Ian
coolbanana (05-05-17), Greyhound1 (05-12-17), midnightstar (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17), stef (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 01:43 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 18,837 Times in 10,869 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

As everyone said, it's not you, the site has more bugs than a forest floor
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Forever is a long, long time and time has a way of changing things" Big Mama - The Fox and the Hound (Disney)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-05-17), coolbanana (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17), stef (05-05-17)
Old 05-05-17, 02:20 PM

coolbanana is on a distinguished road

Cheers . For my own sanity I needed to know if it wasn't me ...it's not like something obvious hasn't been staring me in the face before while I was blissfully unaware
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coolbanana For This Useful Post:
aeon (05-05-17), Greyhound1 (05-12-17), midnightstar (05-05-17), namazu (05-05-17), stef (05-05-17)
Old 05-30-17, 06:08 PM

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation

how old is the site now???
Old 05-30-17, 07:08 PM

mildadhd has disabled reputation

I find the inability to sign in on the first page kind of interesting.

Because for the first few years I was a member, I would forget almost every time that it did not work. Until I tried to log in. Then Doh! After trying I would think, "next time, I will remember next time", so this went on few years, slowly I started to remember and now only forget now and again.

Interestingly, when I forget now, sometimes I think the moderators locked me out, for something I wrote, (which I do not think has ever happened) only to realize I was wrong, and that I forgot that the sign in on first page never worked. This helped me not to jump to conclusions and be more aware of my over sensitive emotional temperament.

I also wondered if there was a way to record statistics based on ADHD and non ADHD, to see who forgot more, etc, that the log in does not work on the first page.

M

Last edited by mildadhd; 05-30-17 at 07:18 PM..
Old 05-30-17, 07:57 PM

Thanked 23,539 Times in 10,877 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormammau2008 View Post
how old is the site now???
Well, I've been here 12 years and it had already been around a couple of years,
so ... 14 or 15?

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me