ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 10-31-18, 05:39 AM

EMPTYSKULL is on a distinguished road
Ritalin working better at night

Did anyone experience this feeling that the medication is giving you longer and better effect at night than during the day? I would normally take 3 doses from morning to the afternoon, and each one didn't last more than 2 hours in the "effective zone". Tried yesterday to take the last dose on 20:00 and it actually worked double the duration and also made me alert 4 hours later instead of tired or rebound effect. It never occurs during the day which after 2 hours it's off for me. Also, I woke up after only 4 hours of sleep more alert than usually. For some reason the medication is giving me better effect of duration at night.
Old 10-31-18, 09:49 AM
ADDvanced Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Ritalin working better at night

When Ritalin was effective for me, I found that my last dose at 4pm would still be working at 8am the following morning.
Old 10-31-18, 12:22 PM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of
Re: Ritalin working better at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPTYSKULL View Post
Did anyone experience this feeling that the medication is giving you longer and better effect at night than during the day? I would normally take 3 doses from morning to the afternoon, and each one didn't last more than 2 hours in the "effective zone". Tried yesterday to take the last dose on 20:00 and it actually worked double the duration and also made me alert 4 hours later instead of tired or rebound effect. It never occurs during the day which after 2 hours it's off for me. Also, I woke up after only 4 hours of sleep more alert than usually. For some reason the medication is giving me better effect of duration at night.
My kids doctor said not to take it after 5pm because it would not allow them to sleep. Over half the problems my kids have could be attributed to lack of good sleep. Please keep that in mind long term. The meds help with the ADHD, but ADHD is worsened by lack of sleep.
Sponsored Links