ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD A forum to discuss Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Panic Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Simple Phobias, and Social Anxiety Disorder

Old 06-22-19, 04:23 PM

williamn is on a distinguished road
Unhappy rOCD ... (relationship OCD)

Hi ...

I definitely have been experiencing OCD for a long time ... I also suffer from anxiety and depression ... I also have had Epilepsy for almost my entire life ...

I think that I have rOCD ...

The largest rOCD problem that I have deals with my wife's weight and her looks ...

At this point, I have terrible thoughts about her mostly when we are in public ...

We really do have an absolutely tremendous relationship - except for my thoughts ...

Do I suffer from rOCD ?? ...

I really need to understand and agree that I do suffer from rOCD - and what happens, what I do, etc is not my fault ...

Can anyone let me know if my thoughts and actions are actual rOCD examples - or am I being unfair to her by "keeping" her in the marriage ?? ...

Do I have rOCD ?? ... Is what's happening not my own fault ?? ...
20thcenturyfox (06-22-19), Lunacie (06-22-19)
Old 06-22-19, 06:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,865 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rOCD ...

I had never heard of rOCD, don't know very much about OCD in general.

Sounds like it would be a good idea to talk to a good therapist about this.

It may be something that CBT (cognitive behaviorial therapy) would help.

Or maybe DBT (dialectical behavior therapy). Good luck.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 06-23-19, 12:48 AM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light20thcenturyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Re: rOCD ... (relationship OCD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamn View Post
Hi ....

The largest rOCD problem that I have deals with my wife's weight and her looks ...

At this point, I have terrible thoughts about her mostly when we are in public ...

We really do have an absolutely tremendous relationship - except for my thoughts ...
So are you saying that these (presumably negative) thoughts about your wife's weight and her looks are not interfering in your intimate relations between the two of you, but only bother you when you are in public?

That does seem very unusual, and maybe a little unstable. Well worth seeking help for.
Sponsored Links