ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 01-01-19, 08:50 AM

drlizard is on a distinguished road
Is this a common side effect for using Ritalin?

I took a very small dose and I noticed I see a few times shapes moving at the edge of my visual field, which is very strange, since I read it's one of the sysmptoms Amen lists for his "type 4" ADD which is similar to epilepsy. Should I be concerned?
Old 01-01-19, 11:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this a common side effect for using Ritalin?

If Amen lists seeing shapes as a type of adhd then he should have his license yanked. Epilepsy and adhd are not the same and can be dangerous. Also sometimes seeing things like feeling like bugs are crawling beneath your skin can be a weird dangerous side effect of ritalin. There are also things to worry about like eye damage such as a scratch or something in it, and what they call "floaters"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlizard View Post
I took a very small dose and I noticed I see a few times shapes moving at the edge of my visual field, which is very strange, since I read it's one of the sysmptoms Amen lists for his "type 4" ADD which is similar to epilepsy. Should I be concerned?

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-01-19, 12:04 PM

drlizard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
If Amen lists seeing shapes as a type of adhd then he should have his license yanked. Epilepsy and adhd are not the same and can be dangerous. Also sometimes seeing things like feeling like bugs are crawling beneath your skin can be a weird dangerous side effect of ritalin. There are also things to worry about like eye damage such as a scratch or something in it, and what they call "floaters"
What would I do without you, mod-a-holic?..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-19, 12:11 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Ritalin common side effects

Source : rxlist.com

nervousness,
agitation,
anxiety,
sleep problems (insomnia),
stomach pain,
loss of appetite,
weight loss,
nausea,
vomiting,
dizziness,
palpitations,
headache,
vision problems,
increased heart rate,
increased blood pressure,
sweating,
skin rash,
psychosis, and
numbness,
tingling, or
cold feeling in your hands or feet.
Old 01-01-19, 12:14 PM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

I have used ritaline and concerta for long time, still on it( gave a break for a month)

My own experience, i experienced this side effects most of time

Cold feeling in my hands and feets,
Loss of appetite,weight loss(first 6 months that i started ,, long time ago)

U can also read prospectus of your own medicine , there should be a prospectus inside box
Old 02-10-19, 08:19 PM

sillyle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by drlizard View Post

I started taking ritalin IR in October, and I have noticed a similar effect - not so much shapes moving, but small distortions in my peripheral vision that were slightly distracting until I got used to them. They look a little bit like heat haze.
Old 02-14-19, 08:57 PM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road

Are these Eye floaters? they are like little tagpolls in your eyes. I get them but i don't take mediation you will se them if you look at the sky or white background.

I used to take sertraline but not sure what causes them i did ask an optician and he said they are harmless

not sure if they are what you are seeing