ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 11-27-18, 09:03 AM

Struense is on a distinguished road
Are Ritalin side effects different/less with higher doses?

I've been prescribed Ritalin IR 10mg x 3-4 for around 6 months.
A couple of times I have accidentally taken double doses (I thought i had forgotten, then took 10mg, then found out I hadn't forgotten..), and I've experienced little to no side effects when doubling the dose.
I couldn't find any posts about this phenomenon, but I'm wondering if anybody else has had an experience with some/a lot of side effects with small/medium Ritalin IR doses, and few/no side effects with a higher dose?
I'm still fairly new to AHDH-meds, and I'm still trying to figure out what's best for me and how much and so on, and this could just be some sort of coincidence, but I can't help thinking this could mean i need a higher dose.

tl;dr: Has anybody experienced less side effects with higher doses of Ritalin, than with somewhat lower doses?

ps I love you guys! I have learned so much from reading around in here
Old 11-27-18, 11:19 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are Ritalin side effects different/less with higher doses?

I think you should try talking to your doc and explain the mistake and see what he/she says. Just because you didnt get negative side effects from double the dose doesnt mean you need to go higher. Unless of course the lower dose didnt work anymore and the higher dose did.

I carried a watermelon?