ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 10-29-18, 06:35 PM

payton299 is on a distinguished road
ritalin and energy drinks

i googled this earlier and couldn’t find much so i thought i’d post about it. earlier today i took 20mg of ritalin and a five hour energy about an hour later and then fainted a little while later. i went to the er and they said it was from mixing ritalin with a 5 hour energy so if anyone is gonna do this um be careful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to payton299 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (10-29-18), stef (10-30-18)
Old 11-06-18, 06:50 AM
ADDvanced Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
Re: ritalin and energy drinks

I thought it was best to avoid energy drinks because of their levels of citric acid and caffeine...?

I know that Ritalin doesn’t seem to work very well after I’ve had a Monster drink.
Old 11-06-18, 07:28 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,083 Times in 15,343 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I think energy drinks and stimulants are crazy. Its not just the caffeine. The Taurine and I think its Guaf-something in the ingredients can cause extremely high blood pressure an rapid heart rate. Especially if you fainted, no matter what you read or hear you should not have them. Its not worth the risk.

I carried a watermelon?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-18, 10:18 AM

Vrantic is on a distinguished road

Having vyvanse and now modafinil i can tell you that i do coffeine because of addicition. I also can state that, on my time with vyvanse, my heart raced for like 10 -15 mins, nothing too crazy but notable. Theres also a huge difference between coffee and energy drinks. Usually, energy drinks are like 3 cups of coffee, and im talking about italian coffee, not your USA aromatic water So caution there when it comes down to energy drinks and in your specified case i would recommend to stay away from energy drinks at all.

Coffee on the other side i would stick to filter and without sugar, that shouldnt hit you too hard if you cant stay away from caffeine. Its the sugar-caffeine combo that goes straight to your heart.

Also not every type of coffee contains the same amount of caffeine, filter is somewhere in the middle and brewed coffee (like I do) contains the most.

Heres what I found from a quick google search
  • Brewed Coffee (8 oz / 237 mL): 95-200 mg of caffeine
  • Decaffeinated Brewed (8 oz / 237 mL): 2-12 mg of caffeine
  • Espresso (1 oz / 30 mL): 47-75 mg of caffeine
  • Decaffeinated Espresso (1 oz / 30 mL): 0-15 mg of caffeine
  • Instant (8 oz / 237 mL):27-173 mg of caffeine
  • Decaffeinated Instant (8 oz / 237 mL): 27-173 mg of caffeine
  • Latte (8 oz / 237 mL):63-175 mg of caffeine
https://www.roastycoffee.com/caffeine/

Hope that I could help you.