ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-19, 06:43 AM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road
Wink Adhd and driving

Hello, people, I think i might have ADHD but i am waiting to se the psychiatrist

what i would like to ask is do any of you really enjoy driving?

It took me a long time to get my licence and I loved every minute of it I never did anything wrong and i would say my ADHD never played up.

I even bought a convertible and I did not get distracted.

the only issue I had once i played my music too loud and drifted off and when i went to brake i could not find it everything was ok but i think it was the music.

maybe it was how i was brought up by my parents to abide by the rules of the road.

My only worry is that if i have ADHD i may not be able to drive and get a car again

at moment i am job hunting so dont own a car and have not since 2015 i think
Old 02-15-19, 07:18 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 13,359 Times in 5,416 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adhd and driving

I have no idea how things work in the UK. In the US I never had to declare medication use unless I thought it interfered with my ability to operate a vehicle. My understanding is that I could be charged with driving under the influence if deemed unsafe (even though the stimulants can improve driving).

"being lost,/ being crazy maybe/ is not so bad/ if you can be/ that way/ undisturbed."
Charles Bukowski
The Following User Says Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
soulsearcher (02-15-19)
Old 02-15-19, 06:06 PM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road

yes in uk adhd has to be declared i dont think everyone with adhd is a bad driver i think insurance would go higher but not sure
The Following User Says Thank You to soulsearcher For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-15-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-19, 08:56 PM
Contributor

Funky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to allFunky1 is a name known to all

I was a professional driver for 20 years. Granted, I live in the states, but I never had an issue with getting or keeping a regular license or a commercial one.
soulsearcher (02-16-19)