ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > ADD FORUMS LIVE CHAT
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-03, 04:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
Cool chat seems dead...

Hey all.
I had some trouble getting my browser to work properly to the chat services so I gave up. I followed the links to the provider and used my more traditional irc client to connect to the suggested server but there were very few channels and none of them relating to add or adhd.

I like irc and enjoy the process so have set up a channel on a server called

XCalibur.OH.US.IRC-Freedom.Net

I have registered a channel there called #addforums I'll pop in and out of there and see if any interest is generated. I enjoy this message board and maybe that's all that's required. I also enjoy some live chat too.

For those that wish to join and enjoy irc please come and say hi.. come one come all..

Cheers! Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ianthm.jpg (6.5 KB, 46 views)
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 11-25-03, 07:53 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
I never find anyone in chat, I found Lafnalot once, other than that it's never been any good for me...
Old 11-25-03, 10:11 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 1,646 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
We actually have the ADD Forums on IRC chat as well, however, given the popularity of Yahoo and AIM chat rooms, very few have taken advantage of the ADD Forums. Also, this is likely due to the current format of the chat client used here.

In the upcoming version of ADD Forums, there is planned a built-in Chat Room, which should be easier to use.

We have tried to schedule chats in here, on specific topics with mixed success.

Anyone interested in seeing this kind of a format of chat, please let us know, and we'll re-visit it again

Thanks!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-03, 01:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
Thanks for the response.

I have not been able to identify an irc server that is supporting channels related to this site other than via the browser application. I would like to find that server and those channels.

Is there a posted list of the places some of the regulars here prefer to use for "chat" ?

Anyway it looks as if the routines have been well established and not much demand for a live chat here anyway.. I'll leave the channel up for a bit just in case.

Cheers! Ian.
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 06-19-04, 01:15 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Itschaotic,
Check out the new integrated ADD Chat Room here at ADD Forums by either clicking on "Chat" up on the main Nav Bar or this link: http://www.addforums.com/forums/chat.php?
Closed Thread