ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 02-07-10, 05:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

Shlarin has a spectacular aura aboutShlarin has a spectacular aura about
Anyone taking the CFA (I) exam in June?

Just curious if there's anyone else here who will be taking the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) exam this June..

It's about a 4 hour test with 1 break, has about a 1/3 pass rate and requires an average of 250 hours of preparation. That's not a big problem.. I'm able to concentrate for 4 hours for an exam.. and can put in a sustained and regular effort over the weeks to prepare.

What really throws me off is the cramming. A lot of details need to be memorized for the exam (formulas, accounting rules, laws, etc.) which probably won't stay in your mind even if you made a successful effort to memorize them weeks or months ago. So the result is the necessity of 10+ hour cram sessions the week before the exam.

Now, I've been very poor with cramming for exams all through my life. Contrary to common practice, I've actually developed the habit of finishing things early and consistently over time rather than procrastinating and cramming at the last minute.. it's something I learned the hard way late in high school and served me well through grad school.

Anyone have tips on how to take an exam that requires a massive amount of rote memorization without cramming at the last minute?