ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-10, 12:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 8,349 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Musicians i have known.......( well, some of them )

.....................I feel I must apologize for pretty much hi-jacking the threads about music..........someone mentions music and I am off and running

..............When we first moved to California, (1959) I got into folk music completely due to the fact my newly found cousins played guitars and banjos and and sang ....and they did it very well too, and as the years went by, my favorite cousin got into rock and roll, and like 1 out of 3 guys of that era, he had a band........they were also very good......but but we're talking amatuer ....good amatuer, but they kept their day jobs............

........Like most every southern California kid of my age, (I was 18 in 1968).......music was huge for us......the vietnam was and the hippie movement were big influences on us and I even remember being scornful of "mainstream AM pop music" ......WE listened to KPPC, a rock underground FM station out of Pasadena..........

.......and I got lucky and saw some amazing concerts, and it turns out that even a lot of folks my age didn't get to see the fabulous bands I saw......;..

..........then, in 1971 I moved to the Sonoma Valley, about 50 miles north of San Francisco......and very quickly started to meet a lot of musicians......( they have always been my favorite kind of people ).......but this time they were professional.........the first groups were not yet to the album stage, but played a lot around the area......

........Musicians, being the kind of people they are, and the bay area in the early 70s all kind of knew each other and before I knew it , I was meeting lots of musicians who had actual contracts, and tours ......and I was taking photographs all during this, and then ....I was shooting album covers, and publicity shots, and if I wasn't at school, or working in my garden, or shooting landscapes, or working as a cook, or in the darkroom ......I was at gigs, hanging out and taking photographs.........

.....so mentioning music.....sorta hit me like a old fire horse ...MUSIC !!!! and whoosh off I went in a cloud of memories and the desire to show my new friends here, my old friends from that part of my life........

......It is too bad that during a monster long (years) crisis in my life, I lost all but just a very few photographs from that era of my life .........

...........So, here are some of my old friends from days gone by.....most of the videos were made after my own golden age ....lots of them are fairly recent.........I knew those aging bodies and faces when they were young & fresh cheeked......

.......but while their bodies have aged, I must say ......their music is still HOT.........and almost all of the videos are NOT "music videos" , but typical Youtube amatuer stuff...........but these people, no matter how poor the recording, less than perfect sound quality, and ridiculus photography, shine through as the world class musicians they are... .........

One last thing, these people are hard, if not impossible to catagorize.....oh maybe a song or two, but the body of their work ......they must all be AD/HD......their musical styles are all over the map ....hee hee

FIrst up, a video by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen.........( if you look really fast, the drummer with the mustach ....Lance, an old boyfriend of mine .....I always ended up with the drummer)

Next ........Hoyt Axton .......a wonderful man ......I treasure my time with him ............most of his videos are just from records but his voice.......is just remakable......this is a favorite......

and this one is for the blues lovers out there.......Hoyt

I'll tell some Hoyt stories at another time .......the world is a lesser place without him .........

.................................................. .................................................. ................

This next group .....the only guy I know in this band the sax player, but it's his band and he is one of my best friends from those days.....and now that I am back in northern California.......we still see each other.......this is as hot jumping number.....these guys are smoking and they are at the Waterfront festival in Portland oregon .......

ok that's enough for now.......I do hope you enjoy these folks.......I have spent countless hours with them all........

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
myvinyl333 (03-27-10)
Old 03-27-10, 05:17 AM
ADDvanced Member

myvinyl333 will become famous soon enough
Re: Musicians i have known.......( well, some of them )

I really enjoy reading your posts....thanks for the videos. Please keep sharing. jorge
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myvinyl333 For This Useful Post:
Addr68 (03-27-10), salleh (03-27-10)