ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-07, 10:42 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Re: Waiter, check please

That's my "typical" reaction to triggers; I seldom become depressed by them, which is supposed to be the "typical" female response.

I wonder if I have too much testosterone?

*checks for beard*
Old 11-07-07, 12:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about

Well it gets better...I called my 61 yeard old dad in FL who lives with is 85 yr old mother in misery..well it turns out that he hasn't eaten in five days and is throwing up black stuff. He refused to go to a hospital and my grandmother is immobile with anxiety and fear. So I was present enough to take action and long story short got an ambulance out there. He refused to go, but his blood presure was so low, sugar so high and it looks like he was coughing up blood, that they just took him. I got a vm from a Lt Johnson who said it looks like they can't take care of themselves and "if you could see what I am looking at...it's foul." So they are going to get some social services intervention.

I don't know what's going to happen with them, but I know this is beginning to get too much. I don't mean to be selfish, but the tank is running on fumes now. I see the PDoc tonight, thank god, and I am going to have to talk to him about the possibility of short term disability if this doesn't get better.

Half of me is present and in the now and the other half is crumbling. I hope the half that is present is able to stay there.
Old 11-07-07, 01:14 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Jesse 7.0 will become famous soon enough

I hope you can get on temporary disability too. Maybe you could just take a breather then?

You have gone through a lot and it says a lot about your character to keep going. I am just by myself, so if anyone is selfish... it is me. I can usually get things taken care of... but you have been holding together a family. That says a lot about you man.

Keep up the good work, because though you don't see it right now... I notice it and I am sure others do too.

Water is my eye, most faithful mirror~Massive Attack "Teardrop"

I kill the noise
when it gets too much
When it gets too much
I kill the noise ~DJ SHADOW (featuring Chris James) "Erase You"
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-07, 02:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about

I'm so confused right now..I feel like I am in some kind of haze...not sure what's wrong with me..
Old 11-07-07, 02:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I took the rest of the day off from work. FUnctioning is a bit difficult right now.
Old 11-07-07, 02:36 PM

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough

It's called BS overload....
Call and see if you can get the temp disability, docs are usually good about it.
I almost did it when Kee was pulling his crap..I was eligable for the FMLA but I ended up not needing it...however it was comforting to know....it was there if I wanted it.

You are not stable on meds yet...perhaps he can give you some anxiety med to at least help with that why you are still titratiing up on the Lamictal.

Keep talking.....
I know you don't feel like it now, you are stronger than you know.
Everytime you feel like giving up...go look at the kids...
See my sig...that is why I use it...and look at it..
They are the only reason ....I am here...

Hope

Mother Is The Name for God in the Lips & Hearts of Little Children
Old 11-07-07, 02:50 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

Enjoy the day off... with the amount of stress you exude spongedaddy, you need it...

And not to get off topic, but wheres my 7 page thread?
Old 11-07-07, 04:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Well they are now taking my grandmother to the hospital because she fell and is completely out of it. The rescue worker guy told me that by foul he meant there was feces and vomit all over the place.

Bottom Line I actually have to intervene to get ehm help.....
Old 11-07-07, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
Well they are now taking my grandmother to the hospital because she fell and is completely out of it. The rescue worker guy told me that by foul he meant there was feces and vomit all over the place.

Bottom Line I actually have to intervene to get ehm help.....
All I can do is send you an internet hug. *hugs Spongedaddy*

And an internet rose:

@--->--'--'----

Water is my eye, most faithful mirror~Massive Attack "Teardrop"

I kill the noise
when it gets too much
When it gets too much
I kill the noise ~DJ SHADOW (featuring Chris James) "Erase You"
Old 11-07-07, 10:45 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

I had to take off half a day because I couldnt' function. I went to the PDoc and since I haven't slept in 7 days he gave me ambiencr to help me sleep. I don't even know what else to say at this pont.
Old 11-08-07, 07:41 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

The only question for me this morning is the following:

I know the truh is right now I am caught up with events that I have no control over. Even with my BP can I let go and go with the current or continue to swim upstream against it. I am still in bad shape. My stomach hurts from being in knots yesterday. Everythign seems so big and I feel so small, but that is the position of the "little me" in the ego.

The PDoc is putting me at 150 for two weeks and then 200mg. I am thinking of telling my company about my condition. They are very big and have a huge outsourced HR dept. I am thinking of asking of working officially virtual as a reasonable accomodation. I work 98% of the time virtual, but if they make it official I don't have to hide the fact that I am moving to FL.
Old 11-08-07, 01:26 PM

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
The only question for me this morning is the following:

I know the truh is right now I am caught up with events that I have no control over. Even with my BP can I let go and go with the current or continue to swim upstream against it. I am still in bad shape. My stomach hurts from being in knots yesterday. Everythign seems so big and I feel so small, but that is the position of the "little me" in the ego.

The PDoc is putting me at 150 for two weeks and then 200mg. I am thinking of telling my company about my condition. They are very big and have a huge outsourced HR dept. I am thinking of asking of working officially virtual as a reasonable accomodation. I work 98% of the time virtual, but if they make it official I don't have to hide the fact that I am moving to FL.
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

~e.e. cummings, 1955 ~

A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.
~Jean de La Fontaine ~

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France~

Wish I could be there with you my friend, it's heart breaking when we know what you are going through and can't do crap about it from here.
My heart and thoughts are with you.

Well you are so close to moving on, what is the danger in just coming out with the truth and using the ADA / 504 to cover yourself? You have the backing of your doctor? If that is what you need to do , do it.
What is the alternative? You becoming so overwhelmed you blow a gasket and then aren't covered because they don't know? It's just a thought? My job knows now. I told them when I went through all that with Keenan. I don't use the accomodations but they are aware.

It will get better. The problem is, it often gets worse first.

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. ~Anne Lamott

Old 11-08-07, 04:50 PM
Banned

Matt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really niceMatt S. is just really nice

I don't have all of that flashy font colors or the loving inspiration as everyone else today but what end are you at today, I am up, I am feeling a bit mean today too.

my daily manic behavior was playstation games and a salon visit, my hair is now blue black.

I am here for support because I hate feeling this way and I am sure that you aren't feeling the best either...

Hang in there, and remember you are not alone
Old 11-08-07, 05:50 PM

Uh oh...a mean manic male on the loose? Hmm...now this is interesting...I thought you guys had "fun" mania? Now this feeling I am familiar with.

Well....we all have our days here.....I was such a b i t c h yesterday...I didn't even bother...staying for long...and never got back in....so today....well not as much of one...but....I understand...

I hope both of you have better days tomorrow. If not, well we'll still be here for ya!

Hope

Old 11-08-07, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspen1018
Hang in there, and remember you are not alone
No you are not.

This was what I wrote today:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...t=44478&page=2