ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-12, 07:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,136 Posts
Turbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond repute
Warm up 3: University of Turbochica walk and observe then write

Look out your window, take a walk along the beach, in your neighborhood, at the mall at the library etc.. and really pay attention to what your senses take in

what you
hear
see
touch
smell
taste
what you think as your a observing

and write as much or as little as you can/want to

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Old 07-03-12, 09:37 PM

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Warm up 3: University of Turbochica walk and observe then write

It's interesting that you created this thread, Turbo, because I was doing EXACTLY this on a long walk this morning, and I realized that the best way to stay in my right brain was to listen and touch and smell. If I stayed focused on those senses, I would get to the point where I could observe and think without words running through my head.

Not sure if that makes sense. It just turned out that focusing on the visual ends up linked to verbal for me. If I thought about what I saw, I ended up describing it to myself. If, instead, I thought about those other things, I didn't hear words. I was a lot more "present" then. And I could even OPT, by the end of it, to observe sights without words. But I had to start with focusing on the sounds and smells and physical sensations.

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy4957 For This Useful Post:
Turbochica (07-03-12)
Old 07-03-12, 11:18 PM

Thanked 3,558 Times in 2,136 Posts
Turbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond reputeTurbochica has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Warm up 3: University of Turbochica walk and observe then write

There is so much we miss in the fast paced life that seems to be all to easy to get into.I find that when I am focusing in these things I enjoy where I am , what I am doing more then usual. I like to sit outside on a damp cool night or look at the star filled sky, sit by a crackling fire or listen to the frogs and peeps croaking and singing away. It's like trying to see it all for the first time

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Sponsored Links