ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Other Creative Endeavors
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-12, 10:22 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,520 Times in 7,316 Posts
Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute
Dyed Baby Onesies!

Our Band Director is expecting twins any day now, a boy and a girl, so I made a few special outfits for them!

(This last one is the Marching Band logo, and I made three because that's how many come in a pack!)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amtram For This Useful Post:
BR549 (04-06-12), Fraser_0762 (04-09-12), Fuzzy12 (04-07-12), Luvmybully (04-06-12), pechemignonne (04-09-12), Spacemaster (04-06-12), Unmanagable (04-06-12)
Old 04-06-12, 10:44 AM

Thanked 4,206 Times in 1,562 Posts
Luvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond reputeLuvmybully has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dyed Baby Onesies!

Those are SO ADORABULL!

I LOVE the first set- too cute!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luvmybully For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-06-12), anonymouslyadd (04-06-12)
Old 04-06-12, 11:35 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

These are AWESOME!!!! Good job!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-06-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-12, 12:55 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,268 Times in 8,230 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

You're really talented Amtram.

~Paulo Coelho
The Following User Says Thank You to anonymouslyadd For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-06-12)
Old 04-06-12, 05:23 PM

Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,494 Posts
julesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant future

you are very talented, thought of taking it up for some extra cash, Luv JULES
Amtram (04-09-12)
Old 04-06-12, 05:24 PM

Amtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond reputeAmtram has a reputation beyond repute

These little projects are perfect for my current unmedicated state - they go fast, and there's plenty of time for naps in between each step!
The Following User Says Thank You to Amtram For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (04-06-12)
Old 04-06-12, 06:25 PM

Thanked 8,349 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

Amtram ....hee hee hee .....oh we are of the same generation aren't we ???? those are oh so familiar ! ....

beautiful work girl ....

oh and did I tell you ....about a month ago we went to see Blast ! ....wowser .,..it is worth a giant hassle, sving up for the tickets, driving a long ways ....simply stupendous .....

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-09-12)
Old 04-06-12, 07:04 PM

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,494 Posts
Spacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond reputeSpacemaster has a reputation beyond repute

love 'em! and I was a band geek... I wanna go dye something now...
The Following User Says Thank You to Spacemaster For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-09-12)
Old 04-09-12, 07:40 AM

AiméeC will become famous soon enough

These are beyond cute! Well done!!!
Amtram (04-09-12)
Old 04-09-12, 08:00 AM

Thanked 6,508 Times in 3,101 Posts
Fraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond reputeFraser_0762 has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fraser_0762 For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-09-12)
Old 04-09-12, 09:12 PM

You can do this with old cotton tee-shirts, too. I never remember to change clothes or put on an apron before I'm about to do something that will permanently stain fabric. Whether it's grease, or bleach, or dirt. . .any stain that won't come out in the wash can be made invisible with fabric paint or dye. If you want to try a dye that stays in but doesn't require all the prep or cleanup of regular fiber-reactive dye, you can get Dylon cold water fabric dye. Unlike RIT and some of the other cheap dyes, it actually stays in after you wash it.

As for paint, you can use regular acrylic craft paint with a textile additive (you can find it by the craft paints or the artists' acrylics.) Put paper inside the shirt so color doesn't bleed through to the other side. Dry for 24 hours. Set with a hot iron - lots of steam - and make sure the paper isn't newsprint, and put some throwaway cotton fabric between your art and the iron.

If you don't know how creative you can be, cut out shapes from contact paper, put them anywhere you don't want paint (make sure not to cover that stain you want to hide) and just sponge or spray or spatter all over the shirt. Peel off the contact paper before you iron!
Unmanagable (04-09-12)
Old 04-09-12, 10:16 PM

Thanked 4,320 Times in 1,873 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Those are absolutely adorable!

I'm really impressed. I've seen a lot of hand-dyed t-shirts and stuff over the years, but even thought the basic technique is pretty easy, it takes a lot of skill for it to look really good.

And those look really, really good.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following User Says Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Amtram (04-10-12)
Old 04-10-12, 10:05 AM

Aww, thanks! Honestly, I put very little planning into this, and my most creative accomplishments come from fixing stupid mistakes! The two with the stars and hearts happened because I tried a twisting method that turned the onesie into a ball, and then I dyed one color on the top and another on the bottom. I didn't pay attention to a couple of important rules - first, make sure that you don't twist the entire front side into the center of the ball. Second, start dyeing with the lighter color, and saturate the piece, then turn it over and add the darker color. Result: big blank white space in the center front. Oh, pooh. So I cut out little paper hearts and stars and played around until I got the shapes and sizes right to color the empty spaces (and the bit of black dye that got on one of them because I wasn't paying attention) and look like I planned them that way in the first place. Traced around them, mixed the paints, painted. I won't make the same mistake again. (I'll make a different one!)
pechemignonne (04-10-12)