ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-07, 11:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspen1018
I've been Out of Commision for a bit but had some time after my 3 mental Hospital trips and the move to another town (impulsively I might add) to say hi and check my 1,000 new posts, stable and overmedicated, too.
I don't know you per se, but man I hope you are doing better now. It sounds like you had a rough patch there.
Old 09-12-07, 02:40 PM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Okay he called me back today. Because of the mites he would like me to try Lamictal one more time and I agree. I think a lot of my previous problem is mite related since A) The dermatologist thought so and B) it didn't go away after the Lamictal stopped and C) It doesn't look like any of the rashes I saw for Lamictal. We are all getting treated with cream tonight and I will see the PDoc next Wed after 8 day of Lamictal. I feel somewhat less cranky now.
Now that's really good news, Sponge. I'm really glad you get to go back to Lamictal and give it another try, since you initially responded so well.

Quote:
Well I am riding the rapids with you today. The biggest problem is my old friend "hypomania" is back...and apparently I didn't think I needed a paddle......yipee....I am praying for normal later today.....at least I know now...

Glad I am at work , closed my bank account...and have no access to funds...I am safe for now...but the people I work with not so lucky.....they are wary because I am too happy today..LOL that is funny isn't it.
Quote:
P.S. If it helps I got a case of the old pressured speech and volunteered for something I DO NOT want to do at work. Hopefully they will say no thank you.

THANK THE LORD...the guy running the project is very controlling and did not want my hands dipping in his pie...whew....okay now if I can control the impulsive urge to return and buy...
Do I need to tie you both to strings and fly you like balloons? How about kites? Astonishing as it is, I am having no trigger responses to a terrible incident that happened yesterday (I'll get to that soon enough), so I am available to act as an anchor for the two of you. Y'all know where the PM button is.

Hope, you have a good plan in place. You know what to do and last I checked you still had a telephone if typing gets to be a problem. It can for me when I get to moving too fast to make sense sometimes. Let's keep our fingers crossed that your employees are only nervous about a good mood, and not running for cover from extreme irritability.

Sponge, we all accept the pressured speech and we're used to you, man. Type if you gotta type, its no biggy. Less cranky is better than its been, right? However much you manage to hold it together, that's enough for today. Hypomania is a rough ride...but let's face it, you could be in The Hole and then how would we reach you?

Quote:
I've been Out of Commision for a bit but had some time after my 3 mental Hospital trips and the move to another town (impulsively I might add) to say hi and check my 1,000 new posts, stable and overmedicated, too.
Good lord, Matt. Its really good to see you again, man. I had a funny feeling that you'd been doing the hospital tour...I am glad to hear that that's all it was. After that last trip you took to the ozone layer....well, I have to admit I was also worried that you visited the flip side, and didn't make it back out. Not an unreasonable fear, unfortunately. Stable is good news! Overmedicated, you can live with that. You'd better live with that, because we do NOT want to think that you'd died without it.

Quote:
you and Jesse
Last I spoke to Jesse, he was about to start the new school term, and was very nervous. He had just started a new med, and was unsure about it. I am hoping for the best with respect to him, maybe he needs all the energy and focus he has to function and get through his school responsibilities. I have to admit I don't like that he just vanished,and I have tried to track him down through a mutual friend no no avail.

I guess all we can do is send good thoughts out there and hope he gets them, and wait...

Old 09-13-07, 02:25 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 6,133 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute
If the rash goes way with the mite medicaine it is the mites!

Good luck on your second round of the Lamictal 25 mg

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-07, 05:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Spongedaddy has a spectacular aura aboutSpongedaddy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadd823
If the rash goes way with the mite medicaine it is the mites!

Good luck on your second round of the Lamictal 25 mg
Thanks. I broke out a bit yesterday...but...I also had the mite cream on for 14 hours so I don't know which one caused it. I figure if the rash doesn't go away by tomorrow it's probably the Lamictal. If it goes away today it's probably the cream. I will say this, the Lamictal has a quick impact on the depressive part of my disorder.

Mania..not so much...but I know when (really more of an if at this point) I get to the right dose it will be better.
Old 09-13-07, 06:32 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
It can be a real drag titrating up up on Lamictal. can you imagine how long it took me to get to 300mgs? The good news is I felt a lifting of depression right away the first week, and you seemed to be having the same response at 25mgs. I also found its effects were better on depression, but adding a little Abilify did wonders for hypomania.

You'll find your combo, I know it.
Old 09-13-07, 01:17 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Hang in there and please keep your hands and feet inside of the boat. Hold on to all your valuables, especially the wallet, because the first dip over Impulsive Falls is a doozy.

Sending calm thoughts your way...
You're sweet. I made it. I actually had no access to money. I have blocked myself off at the pass. I actually was "awake" enough to get a lot of messes cleaned up last night. Phone calls on issues I have been avoiding were done. I have avoidance issues. So I felt good about that. The ozone wasn't too bad. Thanks for the thoughts.

Quote:
Do I need to tie you both to strings and fly you like balloons? How about kites? Astonishing as it is, I am having no trigger responses to a terrible incident that happened yesterday (I'll get to that soon enough), so I am available to act as an anchor for the two of you. Y'all know where the PM button is.

Hope, you have a good plan in place. You know what to do and last I checked you still had a telephone if typing gets to be a problem. It can for me when I get to moving too fast to make sense sometimes. Let's keep our fingers crossed that your employees are only nervous about a good mood, and not running for cover from extreme irritability.
Surprisingly...no irritability. Work went off without a hitch. They were happy I was happy! Home I just managed to get a lot done, and all my family was gone while I was doing it. So that helped.

I do have plans in place. But yes I do have a phone and believe me if I need it, the fingers work fine. Thanks for offering the groud staking if needed. Today I am level, so far.

Quote:
Thanks. I broke out a bit yesterday...but...I also had the mite cream on for 14 hours so I don't know which one caused it. I figure if the rash doesn't go away by tomorrow it's probably the Lamictal. If it goes away today it's probably the cream. I will say this, the Lamictal has a quick impact on the depressive part of my disorder.

Mania..not so much...but I know when (really more of an if at this point) I get to the right dose it will be better.
I didn't see as much of a lift in the mania department either Sponge, not until the higher doses. The depression seems to be the biggest and faster relief. That's pretty normal...it appears to be the case wiht all of us. I think that is why the Risperdal needs to be a normal everyday thing for me, instead of just for the non-sleeping and PMDD. Just gotta get in and see pdoc. Missed last appt, I was sick. I have a reschedule put in....

Thanks guys/gals...

Hope

Mother Is The Name for God in the Lips & Hearts of Little Children
Old 09-13-07, 01:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Cr@p! The Wolfman(ia) came out today and I didn't get a chance to lock him in his room. I went a little nutty with returning stuff to buy other stuff and I can feel the madness overtaking me.

Darn it darn it darn it.

I am sooooooo wired right now and I just sent my poor wife off to retun something for me and buy something else. She isn't too good at this whole BiPolar thing yet so she kinda sorta not exactly wondered out loud if this was mania but didn't intervene...hopefully when I am calmer I can give her some tips on how to tell if I am gone and maybe what to do about it...awwww pooooooop......I hate this disease..
Old 09-13-07, 03:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough
Good grief....do we all cycle together?

Give her your wallet, give her the receipts..and tell her to tell you no..get in the car....take the keys....and leave.

Mother Is The Name for God in the Lips & Hearts of Little Children
Old 09-13-07, 07:42 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

LMAO we are in the cycling club after all. Well I was able to undo almost all of the Wolfman(ia)'s damage and nothing major happened...whew..doged a bullet there...I am somewhat calmer now...
Old 09-14-07, 04:40 PM

Very glad to hear that, Sponge. Wondering how you are today...sorry that I missed you.
Old 09-14-07, 07:49 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy~Feet
Very glad to hear that, Sponge. Wondering how you are today...sorry that I missed you.
I'm okay..still on the manic side which is now the stressed side...also getting a cold so bleah...
Old 09-14-07, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongedaddy
I'm okay..still on the manic side which is now the stressed side...also getting a cold so bleah...
Agitation when you should be resting? That's gotta suck. So sorry, Sponge.
Old 09-14-07, 09:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

It's okay. This whole trapped in an expensive area needing to move + job squeeze + dealing with new bipolar awareness is a lot. However, I am glad I am at least on the road of recovery and healing.
Old 09-14-07, 09:42 PM

I am glad for you, too, Sponge. I believe you are determined and that you can do this thing!!

(PS I just got done watching Shippuuden 28)