ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Bipolar > AD/HD and Bipolar in Adults
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-06, 09:26 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough
Week 4 beginging. ......on Lamictal....no side effects? No rash...the only thing I notices is I feel a little more sleepy or groggy in the mornings? I think someone had mentioned that before in ref to the Lamictal? I am going to try to test the theory....because I have a tendency to not get enough sleep (hypomania, and addiction to "puter" , and I also take Risperdal for sleep?

So I am going to actually going to pick 2 days in a row, to go to bed at a decent hour, and not take the Risperdal and see.

Other than that...I do feel a little more balanced? I don't seem to feel as tossed violantly between one extreme to another? I shold know if it's really going to help within the next 2 weeks when I start the full doses of 100 mg and have been on long enough to have a good blood level!

Updates as they come .....as Hope's journey for "normal" behavior or "Hey one mood for a day" continues!

Mother Is The Name for God in the Lips & Hearts of Little Children
Old 10-24-06, 12:28 PM

justhope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the roughjusthope is a jewel in the rough
Week 4 and we have now started the 1 week of 75mg. Then I go to the final 100 mg.

No side effects as of yet, well not one I can't live with. The only thing I noticed, and I think someone here brought it up, is I am really really tired....in the morning....I have had to cut back on my Risperdal everynight...which was for sleep...ummm cause I don't wanna get up at alll if I take both.

So I can live with it.....and just hit the bathroom asap in the morning to shock myself into wake up! Cold water does it everytime.

I have had no skin issues...no nausea, no dizziness...nothing.

And I do feel a little more balanced. I am testing the theory I might be able to go off the Adderall this week. Um I am thinking not....I feel better, but I don't want to focus on stuff very long! LOL...so I don't think the ADD was a misdianoses....I believe I truly have both....Oh well....at least the meds are working now...

I will try to remember to update at the end of my 6th week. This will be full doses...and in my system.
I have doc's f/u appt this week......

Old 11-07-06, 10:23 PM

Week? whatever? I am up to my docs full recommended dosage for me.

100mg. This is the second week. It appears to be working. I am not having the extreme moods swings. I have had only one side effect. Extreme sleepiness in the mornings.
Odd because when I first take the meds about 8pm in the evening, they don't make me tired? But when I wake up..man oh man...don't want to do it.

My doctor didn't appear to have much of an idea why this was happening? Said it wasn't a chief complaint among patients? So I decided to switch things up and take the meds in the morning and see what happened. Well that was 3 days ago, and the excessive dragging has appeared to disappate. This was a side effect I was willing to live with, considering the other extremes, were not an option.

My mother, who is a R.N. said it might be , because taking it at night, when the metabolism is a it's slowest could increase the sleepiness. And when taken while I am up and moving (along with the Adderall) helps keep it at bay.

I am also testing a theory. I seem to need my Adderall less now that I am on the Lamictal. I have dropped my dosage from 40mg to 20mg, and am only taking it when I have tasks that require my full and 'non" dristracted attention. My doc and I are testing it, over the next 2 months before I see him again. I am on a week or so, then off again to see how I function.
It appears the ADD could have been a misdiagnoses, I really think I have it, it's just not as severe as we once thought. So perhaps the Adderall can be more of an as needed thing.

Well just wanted to update everyone. Take care! Hope

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-06, 10:55 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Grade A is a jewel in the roughGrade A is a jewel in the roughGrade A is a jewel in the rough
Nice to hear how you are doing hope...keep us posted and good luck in everything you do.

Old 11-09-06, 05:04 PM

Jesse 7.0 will become famous soon enough
I here ya...

I was diagnosed with ADD in 94. I was then dioagnosed with schizo-effective disorder in 2000. In 2004, they said,"Oh sorry, we were wrong it's Bi-polar type 1."
I'd be happy to be just one thing for a day.

Water is my eye, most faithful mirror~Massive Attack "Teardrop"

I kill the noise
when it gets too much
When it gets too much
I kill the noise ~DJ SHADOW (featuring Chris James) "Erase You"
Old 11-10-06, 10:00 PM

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation
alot theses things have a panter somewere....a link so to speak some have more it seems but each day you go there you make a new path for yourself dorm
Old 11-20-06, 10:37 AM

Thanks Dormie! Nice to hear from you! Been a long time! I hope you are doing well.

I am still here and doing quite well now...seem to be leveled out on the 100's. And um I need the Adderall so far....just not as often !

Old 11-24-06, 09:32 AM

Crazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the roughCrazy~Feet is a jewel in the rough
Hey sis! I am up to 100 now myself and no rashes ::happy dance::
Old 11-24-06, 05:17 PM

Congrats sista dear...ah the world of normal? living.....

Week ...oh 7 or so? Still doing good.

Old 12-07-06, 11:40 PM

I just wanted to add something to this...besides I am still doing very well.

I have discovered, I still have ADD...but am positive it's not as serious as we first thought. So the meds are lowered to 20mgs, when needed.

I remember alot of us talking on here about these stims being addictive, and we laugh because if they were so addictive for us that "need" them, why do we forget to take them? And when we do forget if we took them take more, and regret it really quickly? Yeah big druggies...
anyway
this brings me to another point. THis is one of the problems I now face with my Lamictal.
When I first got dx and started taking them, I NEVER NEVER missed one.
When I felt the first "good" effects from taking them I never never missed one.
Now that I have a good blood level...and am in the more 'normal" world of the living...I FREAKING FORGET TO TAKE THEM....

Why, because I feel better , and forget..because I am not misarable anymore...and neither is my family, employees, or boss!
But then I am mad at myself...and scared...because I never never ever want to go to the "darkside" again!

Thought I would give you a little tidbit....