ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-20, 06:38 AM
Jr Member

babiesundertow is on a distinguished road
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emre22 View Post
News about vaccines are really helpful , there is light at the end of tunnel at least.
I can't wait with these vaccines, I wonder how long before it can be taken 100% safe or close? Christmas is coming and we are still postponing our family reunion as long as it can take for vaccines to be ready commercially.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babiesundertow For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-23-20), namazu (11-26-20)
Old 11-25-20, 11:24 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 17,420 Times in 8,203 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 2020 has been one helluva year. My hope and wish is that all of us here have at least something they can be thankful for tomorrow on ThanksgivingI

I have lots to be thankful for and I usually tend to take most of it for granite. Worrying, mentally whinnying about my issues along with relationships lost, normally seem to take precedent.

I hope you all have something to be thankful for and can focus and reflect more on that tomorrow and everyday. Cheers to all the things thankful for! It’s such a healthier way to think and I just wish, I could take time to recognize them much more often.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (11-26-20), midnightstar (11-26-20), namazu (11-26-20), stef (11-26-20), TygerSan (11-26-20)
Old 11-26-20, 01:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,889 Times in 12,949 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Wow, 2020 has been one helluva year. My hope and wish is that all of us here have at least something they can be thankful for tomorrow on ThanksgivingI

I have lots to be thankful for and I usually tend to take most of it for granite. Worrying, mentally whinnying about my issues along with relationships lost, normally seem to take precedent.

I hope you all have something to be thankful for and can focus and reflect more on that tomorrow and everyday. Cheers to all the things thankful for! Itís such a healthier way to think and I just wish, I could take time to recognize them much more often.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Happy Thanksgiving to you Greyhound!

We can't escape our problems, but it's good to balance them with being
thankful.

I'm thankful that the forum is back online so I can talk to my old friends
and make some new ones.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-26-20), midnightstar (11-26-20), namazu (11-26-20), stef (11-26-20)
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 05:55 AM
Contributor

SashaBV has a spectacular aura aboutSashaBV has a spectacular aura about

@Lunacie, the last I had this year was for treatment of H. Pylori (a bacteria which can cause stomach ulcers). Don't know if I had any actual stomach ulcers (did have symptoms of that, however). The H. Pylori bacteria was found during an Upper GI test. Treatment was 2 strong antibiotics and some Omeprazole. Another kind of test is given later, to make sure the treatment worked, because H. Pylori is hard to kill. Twice before I was treated for SIBO, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, with antibiotics also.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Yesterday), midnightstar (Yesterday), namazu (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM
Contributor

I'm expecting the actual vaccines to be available in 2021, from what I'm hearing. Then they will be given to groups of people by priorities set by health agencies. There's a new treatment medication coming in soon, however. It will be given only to certain virus patients with at least one risk factor condition, but not sick enough to be in the hospital, preferably newly diagnosed patients. It's given IV, takes about an hour.

Last edited by SashaBV; Yesterday at 06:41 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Yesterday), midnightstar (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Thanked 27,889 Times in 12,949 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBV View Post
@Lunacie, the last I had this year was for treatment of H. Pylori (a bacteria which can cause stomach ulcers). Don't know if I had any actual stomach ulcers (did have symptoms of that, however). The H. Pylori bacteria was found during an Upper GI test. Treatment was 2 strong antibiotics and some Omeprazole. Another kind of test is given later, to make sure the treatment worked, because H. Pylori is hard to kill. Twice before I was treated for SIBO, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, with antibiotics also.
Oh my I do hope the meds cleared that up. I had a stomach ulcer many years
ago when I was a new mom. I would cook dinner and sit down to eat and the
baby would cry that she wanted her dinner too (I was nursing) so by the time
I'd sit down to my dinner with baby at breast, my stomach would be in knots.
That was 47 years ago, I don't remember what meds I took but was all better.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (Yesterday), namazu (Yesterday), stef (Today)
Old Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Furiendly Mrraowderator

Thanked 24,392 Times in 14,394 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

So Tigger's on "house arrest" again and is back on painkilling meds (after seriously doing another mischief to her leg, vet said her leg is very hot but they dont think she needs to have more surgery on the leg) <3

Wishful thinking meant that she imaginary-switched gravity off, tried jumping down the stairs, then realised the floor was coming up too fast and crash landed .......
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Yesterday), namazu (Yesterday), stef (Today)
Old Today, 02:03 AM
Contributor

The worst part of the treatment for H. Pylori was the Flagl. For 2 weeks, I think I was taking 2 capsules 4 x a day and one 3 x a day. So 19 Caps plus my usual meds. The Pylori makes you sicker than you were before you took it, so it was the med from hell for 14 days. I felt horrible! I don't know if I could ever take it again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SashaBV For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Today), namazu (Today)
Old Today, 02:30 AM

Thanked 6,376 Times in 3,014 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiesundertow View Post
I can't wait with these vaccines, I wonder how long before it can be taken 100% safe or close? Christmas is coming and we are still postponing our family reunion as long as it can take for vaccines to be ready commercially.

The vaccines are likely to be a false security blanket. The true statistics being discussed in the British Medical Journal are very disappointing. This is being discussed in the context of vaccination for international travel, and is something I posted on in a doctors group in Australia:

Quote:
I certainly do not believe in mandatory vaccination for anything, but regardless of that the COVID vaccines are a particularly poor choice.

Mandatory anything in a situation where the providers are protected from lawsuits is a very bad look and goes against the basic tenets of our medicolegal system- especially Rogers V Whitaker.
We are told on one hand that the vaccines have a 90% efficacy rate, but other commentators (including Dr Fauci) have said that the vaccine may do nothing except reduce severity of clinical infection.
Statistics like this 90% one are particularly questionable. The real measure of any treatment is the number needed to treat/number needed to vaccinate (NNTV).
The BMJ has recently published opinion that the NNTV for the COVID vaccine is 1/256. IE You must vaccinate 256 people to produce a clinical improvement in ONE person. The vaccine clearly adds nothing to border security.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4037
https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4347/rr-4?
Now introducing compulsory vaccination as a proxy for screening and quarantining at our borders is only likely to cause another breach in our national biosecurity and an Australian thier wave. It is 100% clear that at least the Pfizer vaccine discussed in the BMJ is utterly unable to prevent that.
Some people do raise the question of Yellow fever, but that is a totally different issue, in that a number of countries have Yellow Fever receptive populations of both humans and the mosquito vector but no yellow fever. The spread of Yellow Fever from travellers can be adequately controlled by either a short period of quarantine (6 days) or at least 10 days after a vaccine.
However once the virus spreads to a new country it cannot be controlled.
In terms of Australia's position with regard to COVID:
1) COVID is a human virus (or it is now) and there are no known animal pools of the mutated virus.

2) Australia (esp Victoria) have successfully eliminated the virus- and the only way it will get back in is through travelers carrying it and not being adequately screened and quarantined. The few outbreaks now occurring are happening through failure of quarantine and being caught very quickly.

3) Eliminating the virus once it gets out of control is expensive and burdensome- as per our experience in Victoria. Once the virus gets widely out of control, it cannot be controlled by the screen and quarantine measures. Authorities in the US have declared this approach hopeless for the US now.

4)As above-- the vaccine WILL NOT provide adequate coverage to incoming air passengers to eliminate the need for screening and quarantining of all passengers.

5) Given the very low NNTV, even the approach of vaccinating health care workers is likely a waste of time. For heavens sakes, though the wins are small, most players get more than 1 win in 256 games of Tattslotto.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Today)
Old Today, 03:56 AM

Thanked 6,376 Times in 3,014 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I had just about given up this time. Very surprised to click my link today
and have the forum open up again. Hello Forum!

I know what you mean. The problem is- if you cant get in to the forum- is it something wrong with the forum or is it just your ADHD?

The poor forum is probably suffering form ADHD overload.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (Today), midnightstar (Today), namazu (Today), stef (Today)