ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-18, 02:28 PM
Zen moderator

Thanked 26,738 Times in 12,990 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What Made You Smile Today?

When I was coming back from errands this morning, there was this beautiful sun as i went to get the train and in this happy glow, and i still was able to catch myself just as I was about to get on the escalator cause i was about to go down to the side of the station going the wrong direction
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-11-18), daveddd (03-11-18), Kaia.S (03-11-18), Little Missy (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 02:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 20,887 Times in 11,123 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
There are a ton of 2-3 year old certified used

I’m guessing off lease?

This Taco Bell is making me smile. Steak burrito
Or, from hurricane whats-her-names?

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-11-18), daveddd (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 02:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,161 Times in 659 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
When I was coming back from errands this morning, there was this beautiful sun as i went to get the train and in this happy glow, and i still was able to catch myself just as I was about to get on the escalator cause i was about to go down to the side of the station going the wrong direction
Yanno for some "catch myself just as I was about to" amounts to bragging. ;-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-11-18), stef (03-11-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-18, 03:05 PM

Thanked 11,101 Times in 5,420 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Or, from hurricane whats-her-names?
That wouldn’t be good. I was thinking just regular leases

Now I’m paranoid about the ones I’m looking at
aeon (03-11-18), Little Missy (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 03:32 PM

Thanked 20,887 Times in 11,123 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
That wouldn’t be good. I was thinking just regular leases

Now I’m paranoid about the ones I’m looking at
I was thinking leases too until I remembered the enormity of cars that went through that.

And "check the car fax" is a load too.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
daveddd (03-11-18)
Old 03-11-18, 06:35 PM

Thanked 14,253 Times in 6,371 Posts
aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

BMW M3

Sorted.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (03-11-18), stef (03-14-18)
Old 03-14-18, 01:32 PM
Zen moderator

stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute

The organizer of the local ADHD group meetings just sent two confirmation emails for the next conference
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-15-18), Kaia.S (03-14-18), Little Missy (03-15-18), psychopathetic (03-15-18)
Old 03-15-18, 12:46 AM

aeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond reputeaeon has a reputation beyond repute

Got 2 routers reprogrammed today and flashed with the latest firmware.

Converted the older one to a LAN slave AP and made the new dog the routerbeast.

Routerbeast does ~2Gbit on 5GHz on 2 distinct channels, and the slave does ~1Gbit on 5GHz snuggled up to one of the routerbeast’s channels, and then for a tip of the hat for old-school protocols, the slave does ~200Mbit on 2.4GHz, and I’m doing them all rude and fat with 40MHz on the 2.4GHz and 80MHz on the 5GHz.

No one around us has 5GHz so I just snagged the best spectrum I could.

That said, those around us have all kinds of 2.4GHz, so I tried to be kind and tuck my signal into the higher channels so as to not stomp on theirs, and maybe dodge the noise from the microwaves in the lunchroom.

After I was all done, I walked around the shop with this freebie app and built a wifi heatmap. You’re good to go for 2.4GHz everywhere now, but if you feel the need for speed, you’ll do well to pick the right 80MHz lump of 5GHz sweetness, because certain ones are no bueno in certain areas.

Now I’m running my computer on 5GHz wifi because I have dual-antennas, and my connection averages 780MBit (better than wired for me), and I just can’t get enough of that 4x4 MIMO on the routerbeast.

I mean, my computer is noticeably faster for network I/O, even when I am doing stupid numbers of connections and streams.

Routerbeast only had to sit there for a year for me to get around to giving it some loving touch. Between my other responsibilities and task initiation agita from ADHD, that’s just how it played out. And yes, I am a little ashamed.

But it all works, and that’s what counts.

I noticed if I set my phone to chew on one of the 5GHz bones, it drains the battery something real horrorshow...to the point it just stays at a percentage when plugged into the fast charger. Yikes.

Sometimes I do these insane technical things after my meds wear off because I just can’t be reasonable about it at that point. FTW!

OK, soon to bed,
Ian
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-15-18), stef (03-15-18)
Old 03-21-18, 12:07 PM

A guy at work got a package delivered and it was from some company that makes products for animal health.

As I handed it to him I jokingly said “Something for the wife, then?”

Which was met with hearty laughter from the recipient.

An employee who was nearby heard this and said “That’s not cool to think he’s getting something to control her like a collar or leash.”

To which I replied “No, no, you don’t understand. Animal health because he’s told me his wife is an animal.”

More laughter from the recipient, and the (female) employee who had walked up at this point.

---

I know that wouldn’t fly in many places, and indeed, in most places, I would guess.

But we love the lulz here, and love one another, so we tend to run fast and loose.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-21-18)
Old 03-21-18, 05:03 PM
Zen moderator

There are train strikes starting tonight and into Friday morning - so I left work today at 6:05 pm.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
aeon (03-21-18), Little Missy (03-21-18)
Old 03-21-18, 06:20 PM

My Benriner No. 95 Super Mandoline came today:

At least for me, that is a big, big reason for a big, big smile.

Cheers,
Ian
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aeon For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-05-18), Little Missy (03-21-18), stef (03-22-18)
Old 04-05-18, 04:44 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 13,746 Times in 6,818 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

playing a small online tournament for a card game I'm into (magic: the gathering) and I'm doing well so far 3 rounds of single elimination. I won the first 2 rounds...1 round to go.
Either way I'm already guaranteed to profit .

(I have points saved up from a year or 2 ago I got to use today to join too...so it didn't actually even cost me anything to join. WIN!).

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-05-18), stef (04-05-18)
Old 04-05-18, 05:45 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 13,746 Times in 6,818 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

omfg haha I just won...and the last game I played was honestly one of the coolest wins I've ever had (been playing for 16+ years)... was SO far behind in the game, and at the very last moment I got super lucky with some card draws and...get exactly the cards I needed to pull it off!
I though for sure I was losing that game! lol...WOW! That was fun

p.s.
for anyone into the game...here's how it went.

I was playing a modern cube draft (brand new to mtgo! Tons of fun!). I drafted a pretty dang nice mono black control deck. Good quality creatures, nice planeswalkers and lots of removal.

Anyhow, in my final game of the last round my opponent was running a 4 color control deck...and man...it was SPICY! Early game he was able to build up his mana with lots of mana rocks (signets, gilded lotus, everflowing chalice, and a coldsteal heart)...meanwhile he was able to use counterspells to keep me thrown off, and then he blew me out with a wrath of god.
grrr!
Then it went from bad...to real bad. He drops himself a batterskull. Though I do have creature removal, I have no way of dealing with artifacts...and with him having infinite mana pretty much at this point, he was easly able to just keep recasting his batterskull each turn if needed. I did have a big beefy 6/6 creature out to keep him from damaging me...but he was gaining a ton of life from the batter.
Then he draws a planeswalker that drew him cards. gah! He drew into a duplicant which ridded me of my blocker.
lol man, I thought for sure he had the game at this point. He had a draw engine, big fat creatures, life gain and a creature I had no permanent answers to (his batterskull).
Anyhow, over the next few turns I was able to throw out a few creatures. Nothing with any meaningful abilities a 3/3 and a 4/5...at least the 4/5 could block the batterskull.
Then I drew a Sorin Markov planeswalker...he could bring my oponent's life to 10...but I didn't have enough critters in play to drop him the rest of the way. So I held it in hand. Meanwhile my life got super low from him attacking me with his 6/6 duplicant...while his own life kept going up from the lifelinking batterskull.
My next turn I draw another creature with no relevant abilities.
I had two 3/3 and a 4/5 creature in play. That was 10 power. Enough to kill him with my sorin.

I had 8 mana open to me. Sorin costs 6. Meanwhile my opponent only had 1 blocker available to him (his batterskull...lol I'm getting sick of typing that word at this point!! His duplicant was tapped from attacking).
I draw.
Victim Of Night.
OMFG! It's a 2 mana piece of removal that could hit his batter! So I cast it. Seeing as my opponent was at 25 life I knew he wouldn't counter it. The germ dies. I'm free to attack for 10.
So I cast Sorin with the last of my mana. I'm SURE he's got a counter in hand. Nope! It goes through.
I use sorin to knock my opponent down to 10 life.
Ah well. I tried. I had my fun. My opponent FOR SURE has a piece of removal for 1 of my creatures right?
I go to attack with all 3 creatures...
And my opponent concedes!
I win!

F'ING EPIC! haha...what an exciting end to the tournament!! It was game 3 of the round too...so I HAD to win that game for 1st place!

Okay, I'm done with my nerd speak now!

Carry on!

((((((((((((((MOM))))))))))))))
I'll always fondly remember.

Last edited by psychopathetic; 04-05-18 at 06:12 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (04-05-18), Little Nut (04-06-18)
Old 04-05-18, 06:03 PM

Thanked 29,077 Times in 13,431 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
omfg haha I just won...and the last game I played was honestly one of the coolest wins I've ever had (been playing for 16+ years)... was SO far behind in the game, and at the very last moment I got super lucky with some card draws and...get exactly the cards I needed to pull it off!
I though for sure I was losing that game! lol...WOW! That was fun

Omg I've just been reading up on the magic card game and it sounds like so much fun...and super complex. I wish I had group of friends (and more time) with whom I could play this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-05-18)
Old 04-06-18, 06:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,161 Times in 659 Posts
Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of

Gratz and thx for sharing Psych. :-) The details went right over my head, but I can tell you really enjoyed it. I'll have to look into....from your recount it seems to be rather immersive. (JIC: Not implying that is a "bad" thing.) -LN
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (04-06-18)