ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 11-01-05, 02:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Scattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to allScattered is a name known to all
Question 2 ?'s about +'s of less meds on mood and Estroven

I recently started taking Estroven Extra Strength to help premenopause symptoms (yes, old age is creeping up on me ). I was amazed what an immediate difference in made in my mood, clarity, energy, etc. It was so effective that I had to lower my Concerta dose because I was buzzing too high and it wasn't pleasant. I was reading in Thomas Brown's book Attention Deficit Disorder -- The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults that some neurological studies seem to indicate that estrogen may mediate the release and reuptake on dopamine which obviously would impact ADD. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced benefits from natural estrogen supplements or from HRT on their ADD meds effectiveness.

I cut back on my meds from 27 mg in the AM and 18 in the PM to 18 and 18. This past week I cut out the morning dose and now just take one dose at noon. I'm definately more ADD in the AM, but I'm more relaxed and myself all day long and accomplish more in the afternoon, so the trade off seems worth it. Does anyone have experience with this?

Scattered

"You're slow because you don't listen and you're forgetful!" - 7th grade friend