ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 07-22-16, 06:00 AM

Eevaatk is on a distinguished road
Question 16year old needs help with concerta dilemma

This is my first time on the site, I've tried to figure it out and I hope I'm posting in the right place and saying the right thing.

In March of this year, I was put on concerta after my diagnosis. Whilst I did feel the positives and benefits of the drug, the come down was me being very anxious, cold, emotionless and then depressed. It was a very hard two days after I stopped taking it (I had it for four).

This week, I took the leftover from the press and took one. I haven't felt anything negative and I don't know how my mum would react if I asked her to place me on the med again. I know I didn't do the right thing but it feels like it's helping.

Also, will my doctor place me on it again if it didn't work the last time?

Eve x
Old 07-23-16, 11:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

C15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to allC15H25N3O is a name known to all
Re: 16year old needs help with concerta dilemma

I think you should tell your mom and your doctor. They should be good with it.
You had benefits before but you disliked the come down or crash. So why not?
Ask your doctor how to avoid the crash. He could prescribe you an IR dosage
for the afternoon to have the crash at bedtime.

CBD-votary