ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 12-04-17, 07:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

Barbrady1 is on a distinguished road
18/27mg Concerta trial

Later this week, I will be starting on 18mg of Concerta for two weeks and then moving up to 27mg for the two weeks that follow.

I am somewhat anxious as I was hoping for a repeat prescription of Tranquilyn, an instant release form of Methylphenidate.

I don't know if this is a common process in determining the right treatment and dosage but since my diagnosis in August, I have had the following medication plan:

Late August to the middle of November - 15-60mg of Tranquilyn per day, broken up into three doses.

Pros:

- Increased focus
- Remembered more
- Improved sociability
- Reading comprehension improvements
- Greater impulse control
- Clearer mind
- Improved mood, motivation and self-esteem
- Less task-switching
- Increased libido

Cons:

- Tolerance issues
- Dry mouth
- Comedowns would sometimes last a day
- Inconsistent effects, which could perhaps be ascribed to my daily caffeine intake and length & quality of sleep
- Occasional moments of anger and intensity in emotion (not necessarily a bad thing, though)
- Headaches
- Flatulence

Rating:

7.5/10

Mid November to Late November - 20mg/40mg of Elvanse/Vyvanse each day. Discontinued after 12 days upon advice of psychiatrist.

Pros:

Cons:

- Brain fog
- Social withdrawal
- Dry mouth
- Stomach upsets
- Possible thinning of the hair
- Irritability
- Lethargy

Rating: 1.5/10

Am I likely to respond well to Concerta considering I had mainly positive experiences on an instant release form of the same drug?

I guess I am trying to find out if anyone can tell me if they noticed any discernible differences between the IR and TR form of Methlyphenidate.

If anyone could share their experiences, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.