ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 04-19-16, 07:56 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold
18 mg might not be enough.

Hi there everyone!
I have been busy,
I started taken 18mg concerta and decided to try and get my life in order.
What i mean by that is i decided to follow my child hood dream and join some courses to start myself off.
It's been a about a week since i started taking it but i noticed that it might not be enough and so i think i will have to upgrade to 36 mg at the end of the 30 days.
I am guessing my body adjusted to the 18 mg dose, which sucks but it still slightly effective, i just started realizing that some of my adhd symptoms are coming out still. At the beginning i was calm and focused and even elevated my aggression due to agitation. but its slowly coming out now. less focused as well.
18 mg is slightly still suppressing my adhd , i guess i still have 22 days to go so we will see what happens in the end.
I am thinking of getting behavior counselling as well.
Concerta is changing my life tho
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGreatKing For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-19-16)
Old 04-20-16, 02:33 AM
Contributor

Roundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 18 mg might not be enough.

18 is comparable to four cups of coffee. No reason staying on that dose for a month, give them a call. I don't believe many people are helped by 36 either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roundmouth For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (04-20-16)
Old 04-20-16, 07:01 AM
Contributor

TheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to all

36 was too little for me. I'm on 54.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFitFatty For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (04-20-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-16, 11:53 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

TheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to beholdTheGreatKing is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundmouth View Post
18 is comparable to four cups of coffee. No reason staying on that dose for a month, give them a call. I don't believe many people are helped by 36 either.
Wow didn't know that.
Thank you
no wonder it died down after a few days lol
Old 04-20-16, 12:00 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFitFatty View Post
oh really?
Old 04-20-16, 12:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,942 Times in 7,993 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

54 mgs is a fairly standard dose. I'm surprised that your dic didn't build titration into your first month. Calling may help, or wait it out and slowly titrate up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
TheGreatKing (04-20-16)
Old 04-20-16, 01:23 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
54 mgs is a fairly standard dose. I'm surprised that your dic didn't build titration into your first month. Calling may help, or wait it out and slowly titrate up.
It seems like the doc wants to slowly titrate up, cause she said i want to see you in 30 days and don't worry we can give you a higher dose.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGreatKing For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (04-20-16)
Old 04-20-16, 02:21 PM
Contributor

Roundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of lightRoundmouth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFitFatty View Post
54 was to little for me. It wore off at noon so I got another 18 for the afternoon. And 18 only makes me tired so I got it raised to 36. Wold probably also need the morning dose raised to 72 which would make 108. I doubt they'll agree to that though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roundmouth For This Useful Post:
ginniebean (04-20-16)
Old 04-21-16, 12:54 AM
Contributor

TheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to allTheFitFatty is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundmouth View Post
54 was to little for me. It wore off at noon so I got another 18 for the afternoon. And 18 only makes me tired so I got it raised to 36. Wold probably also need the morning dose raised to 72 which would make 108. I doubt they'll agree to that though.

My psych started me on 18 for the first 4 days, then I moved up to 36. It was too little, so now I take 54 spread over the first few hours of the morning to make them "release" at a better pace. It seems fine, I'm certainly my clearest in the afternoon. He did say for my body weight I can go up one more pill, but at the moment I don't think I need it.