ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Meditation and Spirituality
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-16, 04:14 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,906 Times in 9,305 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute
Reiki/Bio-energy healing

I've got no clue why, but watching (ASMR) videos of people doing Reiki sessions and bio-energy healing really is calming to me.

I would've never looked into this stuff before, because I'm a rather science-based person and tend to not give different methods a chance.

I've never found videos so relaxing! It really works on me. It might be purely psychological, I don't know. But it really seems to work in the way the person doing the session wants it to work. (Relaxes my body, helps me get rid of worries, calms my mind, helps my body tension lower, makes me feel like my body energy is flowing better....even though I'm not sure "body energy" is even a true thing. )

I could REALLY use this to relax me today, and I'm getting bored of watching the same two videos.

Does anyone have any videos they could share of someone performing a Reiki or bio-energy healing session on the viewer? (doesn't have to be ASMR) Or even something different, I think someone told me about some form of "tapping" but I don't know the name so I don't even know what to look up.

Anyone else find these types of sessions extremely relaxing? And soothing?

It makes my body feel like it's melting(in a soothing way) and I haven't experienced that feeling before with any form of meditation etc.
Old 09-20-16, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,864 Times in 12,537 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reiki/Bio-energy healing

My daughter thought tapping was awesome for a time, but hasn't talked about it lately.

I learned to do energy healing 25 years ago and decided to take a course in Reiki healing to become certified.

Most of the healing I do is distance work so there's not much to see. I didn't even realize some healers filmed themselves at work. Must go look ...

So much stuff on youtube ... where to start ...

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (09-20-16)
Old 09-20-16, 07:06 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,793 Times in 8,904 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

I'm not aware of any specific videos as all the energy work I've done thus far has been directly with individuals. It's priceless.

And yep, I avoided it for a while too due to being surrounded by the naysayers who insist on everything being peer reviewed and such to validate it.

Learning about the fascia through massage therapy, the meridian through acupuncture, and then experiencing reiki healing first-hand were three eye-opening and very healing subjects that I'm glad I didn't continue to ignore.

Speaking of tapping, that Lunacie mentioned, I tried it with a you tube instructional video the other day to relieve pain in my shoulder, and it helped. It was a one time deal, thus far. I'll be trying it again as needed.

You tube university is one of my favorite learning places. lol

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (09-20-16)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-17, 12:17 PM

Thanked 6,181 Times in 2,916 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

I have had several Reiki sessions- all very calming and positive. On 2 occasions the healers came back with items of information that they could not have known from meeting me and the brief talk we had (I just did not give enough clues for either one to follow up on).
Now I am a doctor- and in my world this sort of thing just should not work. I went in to the sessions in a spirit of open mindedness-- to do an experiment, not really expecting anything.
However the effect was quite powerful and surprised me greatly. This is something I need to explore more.
Really I do not care what the science model says- I do know when I sense something which catches my curiosity, and I am happy to spend a little more money to do a few more trials.
I am actually well over dealing with people who tell me that this sort of thing is not science based and should not be considered.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-24-17), Unmanagable (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 12:29 PM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
I have had several Reiki sessions- all very calming and positive. On 2 occasions the healers came back with items of information that they could not have known from meeting me and the brief talk we had (I just did not give enough clues for either one to follow up on).
Now I am a doctor- and in my world this sort of thing just should not work. I went in to the sessions in a spirit of open mindedness-- to do an experiment, not really expecting anything.
However the effect was quite powerful and surprised me greatly. This is something I need to explore more.
Really I do not care what the science model says- I do know when I sense something which catches my curiosity, and I am happy to spend a little more money to do a few more trials.
I am actually well over dealing with people who tell me that this sort of thing is not science based and should not be considered.
When my bits of information were rejected (probably because they hit too
close to home) I stopped sharing that info and just let the Reiki energy flow.

A doctor can also pick up clues ... like when a person is dehydrated ...

Some doctors and nurses understand the power of touch and how energies
can be sent and recieved through simple touch ... like a pat on the shoulder.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 03-24-17, 12:38 PM

Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
When my bits of information were rejected (probably because they hit too
close to home) I stopped sharing that info and just let the Reiki energy flow.

A doctor can also pick up clues ... like when a person is dehydrated ...

Some doctors and nurses understand the power of touch and how energies
can be sent and recieved through simple touch ... like a pat on the shoulder.
Power of touch is one thing, and any good practitioner will pick up subtle physical cues without being able to name them--- however the reiki I have had has not involved touch- all done hands off- a few centimetres away.
It has thrown up some odd, but valid, results and I am just plain curious.

I should be a good skeptic and agree that it is all nonsense- but I know that is garbage

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (03-24-17)
Old 03-24-17, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Power of touch is one thing, and any good practitioner will pick up subtle physical cues without being able to name them--- however the reiki I have had has not involved touch- all done hands off- a few centimetres away.
It has thrown up some odd, but valid, results and I am just plain curious.

I should be a good skeptic and agree that it is all nonsense- but I know that is garbage
My niece works at a Walmart and while at work of all places she saw someone
using some Reiki energies. She knows I do this and was open-minded but was
still impressed by what she saw. She didn't say what she saw.

I expect each Reiki worker has his or her own area of talent, mine seems to
be broken bones. But once you open your senses to that energy, all kinds of
information does come through.

Old 02-18-19, 10:17 PM

soulsearcher is on a distinguished road

I have been trained in Reiki and my partner used to do it. I was a bit less hyper and had more focus its strange because my partner says even though i am hyper i have an amazing touch and energy i might actually try and use it on myself se if it helps
Old 05-09-19, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
My niece works at a Walmart and while at work of all places she saw someone
using some Reiki energies. She knows I do this and was open-minded but was
still impressed by what she saw. She didn't say what she saw.

I expect each Reiki worker has his or her own area of talent, mine seems to
be broken bones. But once you open your senses to that energy, all kinds of
information does come through.
This is a late reply, but I was discussing this with my GP. She said that she very often knows and is able to pick cancers in patients with no diagnosis.
She finds this burdensome and wishes it would go away.

Dr Jennifer is quite the scientific hard ar#e, so you could have knocked me over with a feather when she confessed.

Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Lunacie (05-09-19)
Old 05-09-19, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulsearcher View Post
I have been trained in Reiki and my partner used to do it. I was a bit less hyper and had more focus its strange because my partner says even though i am hyper i have an amazing touch and energy i might actually try and use it on myself see if it helps

OK that is very interesting.
I have learned to teach meditation as a psychotherapy.

One thing I very clear about is that I teach meditation better than I do it by myself.
The awareness of an audience that is dependent on my performance helps greatly.
It is as though it works better if it is not JUST for my benefit.

I have a lot of issues with back and neck pain so this little discovery helps enormously.

Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 05-09-19, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaVita View Post
I've got no clue why, but watching (ASMR) videos of people doing Reiki sessions and bio-energy healing really is calming to me.

I would've never looked into this stuff before, because I'm a rather science-based person and tend to not give different methods a chance.

Serious question here, though I am anxious about bringing it forwards lest I be seen as being a smart ar#e.

Does being a science based person prevent you from considering these things?

Clearly not, I guess, given what you have written.

One of the things that really worries me about many scientific commentators is that they don't understand just how narrow the range of things we understand is.

Science has little to say about reiki because there has been no systematic study of the area. In fact the majority of things we claim that we understand.

However, most employed scientists operate from the starting point of scientific materialism.

That starting point is not justifiable given what we know, but scientific materialism keeps on making its points and trying to make believers of us
without any evidence at all.

Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

20thcenturyfox (05-12-19)
Old 05-09-19, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Serious question here, though I am anxious about bringing it forwards lest I be seen as being a smart ar#e.

Does being a science based person prevent you from considering these things?

Clearly not, I guess, given what you have written.

One of the things that really worries me about many scientific commentators is that they don't understand just how narrow the range of things we understand is.

Science has little to say about reiki because there has been no systematic study of the area. In fact the majority of things we claim that we understand.

However, most employed scientists operate from the starting point of scientific materialism.

That starting point is not justifiable given what we know, but scientific materialism keeps on making its points and trying to make believers of us
without any evidence at all.
I miss BellaVita. She hasn't been on here in a long time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Kunga Dorji (05-10-19)