ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Eating Disorders/Weight Issues/Body Image
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-14, 02:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,373 Times in 901 Posts
avjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond reputeavjgirsijdhtjhs has a reputation beyond repute
Re: So ashamed

I guess if anybody wanted to discuss anything with my previous post on this thread that doesn't pertain to the original thread topic, then go to this thread, where I reposted that post.

And if the original poster wants, it wouldn't bother me it this and my previous post in this thread were deleted. I bet it probably doesn't bother her, but I did sort of start a new topic and am not wanting to divert the thread from it's original topic.
Fuzzy12 (01-14-14), midnightstar (01-13-14)
Old 01-13-14, 02:59 PM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,446 Times in 2,991 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... I've felt it midnight... I think for a lot of us there is mental well being -> phsycal -> wellbeing... if you get what I mean...

Itsa washing machine of cause and effect... I think putting too much emphasis on the outside just feeds the dragon... You gotta lotta good stuff going on midnight...
The Following User Says Thank You to someothertime For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (01-13-14)
Old 09-11-16, 12:35 PM
Contributor

20thcenturyfox is a jewel in the rough20thcenturyfox is a jewel in the rough20thcenturyfox is a jewel in the rough
OMG Reading Some of These Posts Just Makes Me Want to...

give each of you a big hug. Even if most of us have been relieved to view our ADHD symptoms as something separate from our essential selves--that can be managed, there is still a big step to viewing fat as being something separate from our selves--that can also be managed (other than through character).

Jack Kruse says obesity is a brain disease. Whether he is 100% right or not, the link between depression and obesity is obviously very strong. Despite the popular perception that excess fat is caused by lack of self discipline around food and exercise, it is becoming more and more clear that fat, especially visceral fat, is a 2-way street, creating its own cascade of self-destructive hormones and disrupted brain signalling.

With the recent discoveries that our gut flora signal our brain via the vagus nerve, both affecting emotions and hijacking appetite, it seems to me a new picture is emerging of fat as a sort of inner devil or monster driving our feelings and actions in the present, not merely a relic of past bad decisions as most of us have probably supposed.

Again not meaning to hijack the thread, when body image is such a real source of suffering (and judgement) for so many people. But does it offer any relief to re-frame fat (and the microbes that promote it) as a sort of parasitic enemy within that you probably do need to start reining in and resisting for your own well-being? From this perspective, letting anyone (including you) merely judge your exterior is a huge distraction, if not an actual handicap.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 20thcenturyfox For This Useful Post:
aeon (04-05-17), midnightstar (09-11-16), ShurV39 (03-01-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-17, 11:47 PM
Jr Member

ShurV39 is on a distinguished road

Ive been absolutely obsessed lately with following microbiome/gut health research and brain chemistry, gene expression and body composition..much more so after developing food allergies I never had before and always being thin then suddenly gaining weight and not being able to keep it off - now not even able to stick to any sort of plan to get it off to begin with to fight to keep it off (does that make sense?)

I hope the OP no longer feels the way she did given the age of this thread
The Following User Says Thank You to ShurV39 For This Useful Post:
midnightstar (04-04-17)
Old 04-03-17, 10:15 PM

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation

nothng wrong with that iam doing a lot reseach on it myself microbiome there are links to that and adhd and host of other things 98% of all illnesss are realted to it as I have a very rare illness which involes the microbiome so it pays to as much information as you can
midnightstar (04-04-17)
Old 04-04-17, 01:39 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,095 Times in 11,711 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurV39 View Post
Ive been absolutely obsessed lately with following microbiome/gut health research and brain chemistry, gene expression and body composition..much more so after developing food allergies I never had before and always being thin then suddenly gaining weight and not being able to keep it off - now not even able to stick to any sort of plan to get it off to begin with to fight to keep it off (does that make sense?)

I hope the OP no longer feels the way she did given the age of this thread
I do still feel unattractive a lot of the time
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 04-04-17, 06:04 PM

unstableAngel will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: So ashamed

Did something happen or was something said to suddenly make you feel this way? We always see flaws other ppl dont even notice, we are our own worst enemy. Don't listen to that voice in your head! It lies alot!
midnightstar (04-06-17)
Old 04-06-17, 12:31 AM

iam shore you look fine....id be pround to be seen with you mindnightstar hold head up high hun x
aeon (04-06-17), midnightstar (04-06-17), stef (04-06-17)
Old 04-06-17, 02:37 PM

unstableAngel will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: So ashamed

I totally get what your feeling and empathise, but the fact is, your perfect and beautiful just the way you are! Theres only and will always be ONE YOU! Who decided what outter beauty was anyways?!? Frankly i could care less whats outside, all that matters is the inside!! I know it sounds like an overused quote but IT'S A FACT! Stupid media feeds us these lies and makes us feel unattractive etc. pfft, all that matters is whats in your heart & if people can't see that, then screw em cause theyre not worthy of your time!
midnightstar (04-06-17)
Old 04-06-17, 02:39 PM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 20,095 Times in 11,711 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstableAngel View Post
Did something happen or was something said to suddenly make you feel this way? We always see flaws other ppl dont even notice, we are our own worst enemy. Don't listen to that voice in your head! It lies alot!
Nothing happened recently, just my brain likes replaying stuff bullies from years ago said
Ebony (1st January 2014 - current)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm
Hope you all have a beautiful day
"Keep your dreams alive, dreaming is still how the strong survive" Oliver and Company (Disney)
Old 04-07-17, 05:31 PM

I understand were your coming from....bulling wise....
midnightstar (04-07-17)
Old 04-14-17, 02:38 AM

Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,111 Posts
Joker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond reputeJoker_Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I have gained so much weight it's ridiculous. I was actually pretty skinny ten years ago. I feel like I am trapped in fat. I don't feel good because of it.
Every time I try to lose weight, I am literally hungry all the time. Why am I hungry when I have all this fat? I will eat very little for a while and next thing you know, I am hogging out.
I used to have more willpower to exercise and not eat. When I was 20, I went on a diet where all I ate was lettuce and stuff like that. And exercising like 3 hours a day. Lost 30 some pounds in a month.
Now I'm too old, fat, and tired. I can't make myself exercise when I'm tired, and I'm hungry.

The Drifters Game:http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141997
The Following User Says Thank You to Joker_Girl For This Useful Post:
salleh (04-14-17)
Old 04-24-17, 04:38 PM

have you looked at your mricobiodome I bet this is the main casue of wight gain.. worth looking at ,,,,
Old 05-16-17, 05:58 PM

RextheDog is on a distinguished road

You had me at Inuit and scurvy.