View Single Post
Old 01-20-19, 03:52 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,411 Times in 12,488 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: stopping all medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
Iíve been on so many anti-depressants, anti-anxiety, narcotic pain killers and ADHD meds. and have never had much difficulty getting off them. 2.5 years ago, I began Cymbalta and started on 30 mg and we titrated up to 60 mg. after 2 mos.

It worked well for about 6 mos. Iíve spent almost the past 2 years trying to get off it. By far, the hardest script Iíve tried to kick. After two days without, I get so down, depressed, angry, easily irritated, negative and have morbid thoughts along the the familiar brain zaps. Life becomes meaningless and I couldnít care if I lived or died.

The withdrawal effects even from weaning off are so severe. That includes weaning off Cybalta and attempting to start Wellbutrin. 5 days is the longest, Iíve made it without it. I always go back to it after I canít stand it anymore. It affects my life, job and relationships.

The only benefit I get from taking Cymbalta now is avoiding itís horrible withdrawal effects. If anyone has any tips please let me know. It really sucks.
Anti depressants, so good, but WICKED to get off of. Wicked.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (01-20-19)