View Single Post
Old 08-27-19, 04:49 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,412 Posts
tudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond reputetudorose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Come on In If You're Online And Say Anything: Part III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
My records show that there have been two days this month that the pain was
below a 5 on a scale of 1 to 5. I don't remember what it's like to have no pain.
Due to storms in our area, the pain has been at a level 8 for three days now.

Most nights I can sleep with the help of my c-pap machine, but there have been
a few nights when my head was hurting too badly to stand the straps around
my head.

I see my doc on Thursday and will ask if she recommends some treatment.
Some on my migraine support group say a steroid taper has been helpful.
Others say an infusion of ketamine has helped. Gotta be something.
Lunacie there may be a couple of things if you haven't already tried them. My buddy at work has chronic migraines. She's got some sort of tens device that looks like a wonder woman headband. It helps her a lot.

The other thing is my husband can't take nsaids for the next 6 months as of last week so he's trying to cut carbs to lesson the blood sugar highs and lows. The other thing that helps is citrulline malate (malic acid) but I've run out and need to get some more.

He's also cut out gluten and dairy and it seems to help (so far fingers crossed)

I'll let you know if this works
Lunacie (08-27-19)