View Single Post
Old 02-02-14, 04:22 PM

littlesmg88 is on a distinguished road
Re: Bupropion HCl and Amphetamine combination produces a neutral affect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well-letitbe View Post
Iv been wanting to post this thought that's been going through my head about a week after I started Bupropion SR after an unsuccessful XL trial. I'm not your savey scientist when it comes to neurology but I enjoy reading up on the "possible" idea that depression, adhd, social phobia... ect are caused by a neural imbalance of neurotransmitters. (Serotonin, Dopamine.. ect ect). It has kinda bothered me how amphetamines work in conjuction with Bupropion and vice versa. With Bupropion being an NDRI or Norepinephrine Dopamine Re-uptake Inhibitor and Amphetamine, a sympathomimetic agent which mimics the actions of adrenaline by the presynaptic release of dopamine and norepinephrine, it bugs me to think that since Bupropion prevents re-uptake of Dopamine and norepinephrine and how when amphetamine enters the synaptic cleft and dumps excess dopamine through the way of re-uptake, wouldn't the bupropion cancel out the effects of amphetamine by preventing its re-uptake, which in turn wouldn't alow for more dopamine to be released? And PLEASE by all means correct me if I'm either clueless or somewhat on the right path.... :P
FINALLY! I found someone similar to me We are both on the same meds and dosage! Except I also have klonapin 1mg for as needed panic attacks but told to take half tab daily with my wellbutrin and adderall but I wonder if klonapin cancels the effects too? seems to. How long have u been on ur meds? I've been on the wellbutrin 100mg 2xdaily for about 3 weeks and my adderall xr 30 mg for 10 years