View Single Post
Old 12-04-09, 02:18 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,334 Times in 2,020 Posts
trishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: About to apply for disability :( I can't believe its come to this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingshadow View Post
Having issues getting back pay for disability. The office wanted information about a job that I had over the summer where I made no more than 6000 dollars.

I have given them all the information except they want me to apply for state disability first. Before they determine if I am eligible for back pay (SSI). So I go to the Social Security office today and they say that it was closed because I am already making too much with SSDI. 1204 a month - I am sorry but no one can live on 1200 a month!

I thought you usually got a big chunk of money and then a monthly amount. That is what I need right now.

Back pay since may of 2008! That is what I am trying to get - the idiots don't know what the hell is going on. I am calling my case worker tomorrow - the lady at the SS office didn't know what she was taking about.

Has anyone else gotten disability and not gotten back pay from the date they originally applied and deemed disabled?
I live on 1200 a month. I work part time (which is where the 1200 comes in), go to school full time and pay for tuition and books with little financial aid, have a nice new car and make the loan payments, insurance payments, rent payments, take care of two dogs, eat very well, nice phone (and huge bill), digital tv/cable (again, huge bill), gas bill, electric bill, 200 bucks/month for fuel--I drive a lot!, pay out of pocket for medical appointments every month, pay for prescriptions...

Do you have kids? If you're single, 1200 a month should be sufficient to provide a modest lifestyle. I'm not trying to argue with you or anything, but just share my experience to say that it is possible to make it through with what seems like so little.