View Single Post
Old 08-24-19, 12:28 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,181 Times in 2,159 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation
Re: please somebody help me understand something.

Music is one of the best things to be better at everyone else than. Cause no one cares that you are better than them. They want you to be the best you can because it's not a competition.

It's just about enjoyment. Enjoying music and creating the most enjoyable music. If you create amazing music, it's only to their benefit cause they get to listen to it.

I would just enjoy making music and not compare yourself to others while you do it. If I'm being honest, the only way I think you'll find forever happiness is to learn how to not compare yourself to others (which you often seem to do not just in music).

I suspect that may be extremely difficult to do though so for not long term happiness but short term happiness,if you can't stop comparing yourself to others - just know, no one else cares whether you are better than them or not (especially in music). So go ahead and believe you are better than everyone else without guilt cause it doesn't affect their happiness - only yours. If you fill your life with many instances of short term happiness, that's essentially long term happiness.

Last edited by acdc01; 08-24-19 at 12:39 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
Drogheda98 (08-24-19), Little Missy (08-25-19), stef (08-24-19)
Sponsored Links