View Single Post
Old 09-08-13, 10:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,133 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to Clean My Room?

idk, but this might help a little bit

"Originally
Yes, it is definitely a characteristic of ADHD that it is more difficult for us to get housework done.

Things that help me:

1. Medication.

2. Figuring out what motivates me. For me it was music. So I put on music and sing and dance while cleaning. It really helps me.

3. Set a date and time. People with ADHD don't have the "It just needs to be done" brain switch. So it really helps if you have a date and time set, and you know you need to do it right then. I even set an alarm sometimes.

I work part-time, so with my ADHD counselor I worked out a housework schedulethat goes like this:
-I have an hour a day for picking up, dishes, laundry, and sweeping the floors on the days I work half-days,
-no housework on days I work full days, and
-one day of my two days off is for big cleaning, and I rotate the bathroom, mopping all the floors and dusting on that day.

Also I have a laundry day and a cat box day.

However, before I could get on that schedule we had to do a massive amount of cleaning and laundry, so now it's just upkeep and maintenance.

It took like two weeks to do all the laundry that was piled in the bedrooms and filling the closets. I still have some of that to put away, but now I've learned that we actually have too much clothes so we have to get rid of a bunch.

It's hard to tell what you have when most of it is under a five-foot-tall pile of dirty laundry.

And, um, that's a lot of pets...

Sounds like you have some hoarding tendencies.."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daydreamin22 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (09-08-13), pooka (09-09-13)