View Single Post
Old 10-19-18, 11:42 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 26,916 Times in 12,560 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question regarding ADHD with meds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandeluca View Post
Yes I know I kind of sounded odd by saying 'least dose' but I have my reasons. She is already on 2 other seizures meds. I don't want to affect that, so I am trying to get the best result with the lowest dose of drug possible, and least side effects, whatever that may be.. Not to mention her liver

I am still going to watch her--I am not sure. At times I see an ever so slight thinking before she acts. SLIGHT. With me, I get the motor mouth and back talk. I also get windows of her being even more hyper or inattentive. I was trying to figure out because she took SO LONG to do some studying she had to do. This was one of the reasons I finally gave in to meds to start with.
Just wondering, how old is your daughter?

These kids, especially girls, try so hard to behave at school that they've used
up all their energy, all their patience, by the time they get home.

At home it's safer (usually) to just let go and not try so hard for a little while.
It can be helpful to give them a snack and some time to just chill before asking
them to do chores or homework.

So the teacher may be seeing more of an improvement than you are.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me