View Single Post
Old 10-18-18, 07:23 AM
Forum Guru

Caco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud ofCaco3girl has much to be proud of
Re: Question regarding ADHD with meds

So many things to address in this post.

First, let me say that i agree that no side effects, or worsening condition is a great thing!

Secondly, let me also say that this whole you don't want to increase her dose at all....well I'd like you to reconsider that. Imagine you had a leg that didn't work. Yes, a cain could get you around, crutches could get you around faster, a wheelchair would be better, and a new prosthetic leg would be the best! Do you really want to leave your kid with a cane when they could be in a new prosthetic leg? I'm serious, that is the difference. By not reaching the optimum dose you are crippling your kid.

No, the results are not immediate, and they are not like flipping a switch. There will be less of over the top stuff, but it will still be there. That is who your kid is. The meds are only supposed to take those things and turn them into background noise, and not be the main event, but those things will never be 100% muted.

My son has tried Vyvanse, it made him an angry rebellious teenager, that was stopped after 3 days. Concerta worked very well, but only at the highest dose so the dr wanted to try something different. Adderall was working well, until he heard imaginary people and wound up in the hospital with a full blown panic attack. Focalin made his stomach and head hurt very badly, we only kept him on that for a week. be grateful you found something that works half way decent on your first shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caco3girl For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (10-18-18)