View Single Post
Old 11-10-17, 12:03 AM

Thanked 34,233 Times in 15,486 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Complicated Situation

i don't know the likelihood of being prescribed stimulants in your situation as i've not been in that.... BUT, we have had members here who've had addiction problems, including meth and cocaine, but who were/are effectively treated with stimulants. their psychiatrists saw their addiction as self medicating.

that said, desoxyn is usually a step after you've exhausted several other medications and i highly doubt a psychiatrist would give it to you straight away.

i have no idea if there are databases, but i do think that if you want effective treatment you should 1. see a psychiatrist, not a general practitioner and 2. be honest about your history. others may well tell you not to divulge the information you've shared here, but seeing a psychiatrist is usually more of a conversation than a monologue and i would answer questions as honestly as possible if you really want help. but realise that help might not come in the form you think is the "right" form; i.e. maybe the psychiatrist will try something other than a stimulant...have you been diagnosed with adhd? it sounds like you've been diagnosed with depression. is there a reason to think you have adhd or do you just think that stimulants are what's needed to help your depression symptoms?

anyway, hope that helps. x
The Following User Says Thank You to peripatetic For This Useful Post:
aeon (11-12-17)